Class Time

" It's already May ... isn't it ... " I mused, looking out the window . It had only been 2 weeks since my transfer into Class E-as-in-end-class, each day had passed by uneventfully though it would seem the one called Karma, was looking for every excuse and reason to interrupt lesson-times by flying daggers or firing guns abruptly whenever the octopus-creature's back was turned. 

" That transfer student, she had so boldly declared that she would be the one to kill Korosensei but she hasn't even tried to make a move once, has she ? She's probably really weak unlike the rest of us who've gone through basic training from Karasuma-sensei. " 

" You're right, she only managed that time because she was playing dirty just like Karma. She can't do anything now that she has nothing else up her sleeves. " 

I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. 

True. I hadn't made a single move since. The students also began to become wary of me, eyeing my every step as though I was some scientific specimen, flinching every time I happened to brush past them. I hadn't made a single friend throughout these 2 weeks, nor had I talked to a single person since both the students and teachers in the main faculty building and the ones here seemed to take a special penchant for isolating the younger ones, though the others my age didn't seem to experience the same difficulty. 

" Ahh, Shiro, right ? " a voice piped up as I lazily glanced at the boy who stood before my desk, toying with a notepad he held in his hands. Large blue eyes the color of the summer sky and blue hair, the shortest boy in class who was often mistaken for a girl due to his short stature. 

" Nagisa Shiota ... good morning, " with a perfect mask ( put ) on, smiling, I greeted the boy whom seemed to heave a sigh of relief that he hadn't been eaten alive, or something of that sorts. I was taught to polish these masks, these facades, so that even if I were standing before someone I loathed, I would be able to smile and greet him without grimacing in the slightest. 

" Don't you dare look at me with those eyes, Shiro ! I am the one who picked you from the slumps when no one else wanted you. Can't you see it ? That you're not a necessary existence in this world, that you're only here ... because of me. " 

He was the one who taught be everything to be known on deception. How to hide your true intentions, how to conceal your expressions so no one would ever know what you were thinking, how to tell only some parts of the truth and leave out parts so that your words would never be doubted, how to manipulate the people around you to meet your own desire ...

The Chairman.

" Y-yes ... good morning, I'm glad you remembered me. Well ... Kayano told me she's seen you taking down notes every time an assassination attempt was made on Korosensei, so I was wondering if you would like to ... work together ? " 

" Work together ? " 

" I too feel that it's only when we identify it's weaknesses and learn from previous failures are we able to come up with a better plan in the future. I've been taking note of his weaknesses, so if we could compile together this information, I'm sure we can come up with a plan that can bring down Korosensei before March the following year ! With everyone's abilities, we'll definitely be able to assasinate Kurosensei for sure ! " 

How ... naive. 

" Everyone ... you say ? But would they even want to work with someone like me ? " I found the words coming from my mouth before I could even stop them. Harsh, bitter words with a frigid edge to them. I saw him wince, as though the one who was hurt by these words were him instead of me, even though ... this was the truth. 

" I ... " 

" Class, please be silent. Allow me to introduce the new part-time foreign language teacher who has came today, " Karasuma-sensei, an agent from Japan's Ministry of Defence who had been posted here to teach the class P.E, clapped his hands sharply as the other students began to obediently return to their seats, like trained dogs who were able to respond immediately to their master's orders.