Brothers' Time

" Shiro ?! What are you doing fraternizing with the enemy ?! " Kayano exclaimed dramatically, holding a hand over her mouth which was wide open in mock disbelief. Honestly, Kayano would have almost sounded convincing if it wasn't for the way she tended to overdramatise. 

" Man, you really are a brave one to skip Karasuma's sensei class to go on a date with the new transfer student. " Karma joked with a smirk as he casually tossed a black drawstring bag onto his desk before sprawling himself all over his seat. 

" Welcome back. " I answered, licking clean my chocolate-stained fingertips before starting on unwrapping another piece, this time a spherical one wrapped in a shiny blue-and-white striped foil. " How did it go today ? " 

Itona and I had returned from my— no, our shopping spree to find the building empty. A quick glance at our timetables, Physical Education,  solved that mystery easily and the two of us then went around making ourselves and our newly acquired mountain of snacks as comfortable as possible while we waited for the others to return.

" As usual. Tried to skip but Karasuma-sensei found out and he dragged me back. " Karma answered with a nonchalant shrug of his shoulders, but I certainly didn't miss that faint tone of displeasure as he continued. " Sometimes I wonder who the real monster is. Korosensei or Karasuma-sensei who's almost on par with the former despite being 100% human. " 

" Forget about that. I lift my eyes from you for just a moment and there you go playing around with other guys behind my back. My, Shiro, you're going to break my heart ~ " With a long sigh, Kayano threw her arms around my neck from behind, resting her head on my shoulder as she whined. 

" Here. A bribe. " Picking up a pink heart-shaped piece of chocolate, I lightly placed it on the tip of her tongue.  " I tried it earlier, it's pretty good and I thought you'd like it. "

" Ahnn ~ " She sighed once more, softly this time as she relished in the taste of the chocolate before she proceeded to envelope me in a tight hug. " This is exactly why I can't seem to leave you despite the way you treat me. " 

" Your infidelity aside, you do know the identity of the person you're cheating on me with, don't you ? "

" Horibe Itona. I've heard how he's supposedly Korosensei's brother, but that's about it. " I said, inclining my head slightly towards the amber-eyed boy who was mowing down the mountain steadily without even a pause. Itona had yet to say a single word from the moment we left the convenience store. Despite that, even though he had continued to keep his eyes looking straight ahead since we returned, I could still feel the unconscious pressure of something watching, so I made sure to be careful when picking the words coming from my mouth. 

" So you haven't heard that there's going to be one-on-one fight between them after school ? "

" I haven't, will there really be one ? " I asked, pretending to sound surprised though I really wasn't. 

" It's no joke. The transfer student challenged Korosensei to a fight barely minutes after he had entered the classroom. " Nagisa, who was dragging his chair over to Karma's desk, confirmed with a nod as he threw a quick glance at Itona. 

I turned to look at him, an eyebrow raised. " So soon ? "

" I can do it. Just watch me. I'll kill him for sure this time. "

----------------------

I stood with my back leaning against the wall opposite the blackboard, quietly watching the others rearrange their desks to form the ring in which the fight would take place. A low buzz of excitement was suspended in the air as they would sometimes lift their heads to throw surreptitious looks at the yellow tentacled creature grinning confidently next to the blackboard, beside whom stood an exhausted looking Karasuma-sensei, and the white-haired boy beside me who was looking down at his own hands and constantly flexing them. 

" Are you nervous ? " I asked, recalling how excited Itona had appeared to me the moment the hour hand on the clock struck two and the school bell rung to signal the end of school. In fact, the fight would have started immediately then and there if it wasn't for the fact that Korosensei had immediately raise a hand, or a tentacle, to stop him, reminding him that they still had to make preparations for the fight in order to ensure its fairness as well as the safety of all involved. 

" No. "

" Can you win ? "

" I will win. "

" ... I see. " The ring of tables had been arranged and the students stood behind each desk, watching and waiting for what was to come. Itona raised his head and stepped forward, preparing to enter the ring, but then paused and turned around. 

" Don't look away. " He simply said before leaping over the tables to enter the ring, his back once again facing me. 

Not that I was ever planning to. Though I had entertained thoughts of perhaps slipping out discreetly in an attempt to uncover the source of Itona's tentacles, I decided against it quickly since information related to top-secret government projects against a top-secret enemy most likely wouldn't be left lying around and discoverable within a half-hour timeframe. Besides, it would be interesting to watch how Korosensei would react to another having the same abilities as himself. 

The rules were being laid down. The match was to end the moment any one of the two stepped foot outside the ring. 

" On my mark ... "

Itona had discarded his jacket onto the ground and was now watching Korosensei the way a predator stalked its prey. 

" Assassination begin ! "

The words had barely left the white-robed man's lips when there was a squelching sound, followed by a wet thump as something slimy-looking hit the ground and began twitching feebly. 

A tentacle. 

No, Korosensei's tentacle. 

" You know. "

I turned in the direction of the voice. The white-robed man had moved to stand beside me, and although I could not see his eyes beyond that pitch blackness, the only shock of colour from the all-white clothing which covered him from head to toe, I had a feeling that his eyes were on me instead of the match before us. 

" I do. " I confirmed, turning my head away to watch Itona who stood there more self-assured than ever, and Korosensei whose face was beginning to throb and darken. There wasn't any reason to lie now that the secret was out in the open, and I had kept to my end of the bargain I made with Itona.

" He told you ? " 

" No, it was just by chance that we happened to meet. " I replied as I watched the faces of those present in the classroom. Similar expressions of shock were on everyone's faces except for the two in the ring and the two over here. Korosensei's face had turned completely dark now, his eyes little more than menacing slits as he whipped his head around and glared. 

" Where ... did you get those tentacles ?! "  

" Why should we tell you, Korosensei ? It's foolish to reveal the cards hidden up one's sleeves before the battle has even been won. " The cloaked figure answered calmly even as the look in Korosensei's eyes continued to threaten nothing less than a painful death. Despite not even being the one at the receiving end of that glare, just by standing here, I could already feel the very core of my being screaming at me to get out of that place and it took me every effort just to keep my feet planted. I didn't even want to imagine what my voice would sound like if I was forced to speak. 

" That aside ... there's no reason for me to speak to someone who's going to disappear from the face of this earth in the next few minutes. " The figure continued as he slowly raised his left hand. 

There was a blinding flash of light. 

" When shot by this compressed laser from a close range, a dilatancy reaction will occur in your cells and cause your body to momentarily become solid. "

Korosensei's face paled rapidly, and I wonderd if it was just my imagination when I noticed it turn a shade lighter than it usually was. 

" It's only a short while, but it'll be more than enough. "

A flash of white against that pale yellow. 

" So ... goodbye, Sensei. "