CH-15

CHASE'S POV

"All right pups and Ryder, start! Your! Engines!" Mayor goodway announced. We all started our engines up again. The audience cheered, but the cheers suddenly turned to them covering their ears when I turned on my car.

"Umm, Chase? That car sounds louder. Did you do anything to it?" Ryder asked. "Yeah, I straight piped it. So no muffler. Straight from the headers to the tips for maximum sound." I said as I revved it once, and it spit a massive flame underneath, to which everyone cheered.

"Okay, when the light goes green, go go go!" Mayor Goodway announced, so we looked at the starting lights, which were yellow. I put my car in 1st gear, turning on track mode, which lowered the ride height and used all the horsepower. I floored the brake and floored the throttle, which engaged launch control, which was honestly louder than the crowd itself.

"3,2,1, and Goo!" Mayor Goodway said. Since I was in launch control, my car launched forward like a rocket. And since I started in the back, I overtook everyone within the first 3 seconds. The best thing was, since I had turbos, the car just ran and ran and ran away from the rest of the group. I didn't realise I was already at 300. The adrenaline was starting to kick in.

NOBODY'S POV

"And there go the pups and Ryder. Chase has overtaken everyone within the first 3 seconds and has ran away from the whole group!" Mayor goodway announced as the screaming engine sounds filled the air.

Skye then pressed a button on her steering wheel, and her car turned into a plane and sped off. Marshall was right behind her, using his nitrous to catch up and overtake her. But, since she was flying above him, she didn't have much to worry.

Everest was behind Marshall, that V8 screaming and the whining supercharher made everyone cover their ears, but Zuma didn't have a big engine, or a loud one, so they continued watching the race normally. Rocky had a tiny |4, so it made basically no noise. Ryder had overtaken the 2, but was way behind the others in front.

Meanwhile, Chase was in front and pulling away, his vehicle screaming louder than a nuke.He braked for a turn and turned without any traction problem. It was going kind of slowly, but when the 4 turbos kicked in, it slingshitted from 240 to 470 kph.

Everyone was far behind him. Skye was flying just above Marshall, but got slowed down on the turn, and Marshall used nitrous to run away.

It went on like that for the whole race. Marshall and Skye were neck and neck. They were about to win, when Chase came from behind them, and won by overtaking them at the finish line.

"How were you behind us?" Marshall asked. "I had already won the race, I just wanted to go for round 2." Chase laughed. They all laughed, when Rocky finally crossed the finish line. "Did I miss anything?" He joked.

After a while, and getting their trophies, the whole PAW Patrol went back home. "Ryder, can we open up our cars?" Marshall asked. "Sure, go for it!" He said. He himself didn't since Katie was sitting behind him.

They all raced to the lookout. Chase obviously won, with Skye in no. 2, Marshall in 3rd, and the rest in the order of Everest, Zuma, Rocky and Ryder.

"Well that was fun." Chase said. "Yeah, it was." Skye said while looking at him and smiling. Chase did the same. They were fixed in that position. None of them even moving, or blinking. They were in a love trance again, thinking about nothing else, but each other.

Eventually, Ryder broke the silence. "You all deserve a little break." He said while going on the elevator followed by Katie. Zuma went with Rocky to his pup house, Everest was with Marshall, And Skye was with Chase in his new room.

CHASE'S POV

I think that was a sign, that I shouldn't tell her right now. Maybe later. Anyways, we were thinking about what to do when She spoke up. "How about we take a nap?" She said. "Good idea" I smiled at her. We locked the door, turned the transparency settings of the door to opaque, and got into bed.

This time, we didn't do anything stupid, because there was a lot of room in there. We turned on the AC, and went to sleep. While I was sleeping though, I got an uneasy feeling. I felt kind of sick.

When I woke up in the evening, I didn't want to open my eyes. My head felt like it was about to explode, and my whole body felt like I had been attached to a 100kg metal ball. I had basically no energy.

When I opened my eyes, the light shone directly into them, making my head hurt more than it already was. I tried to get up, but fell on the bed again. I was getting weaker by the second, thankfully, Skye noticed that something was wrong, and called Marshall and Ryder to come and give me a Check up.

There was a knock on the door. Skye unlocked the door, and in came Ryder and Marshall. In fact, basically everyone was there. "Let me see what's wrong" Marshall said as he hopped onto the bed.

"So tell me. What's wrong?" He asked me. "My head feels like it's about to explode. I feel like I have 0 energy. I can't get up, and when I open my eyes it hurts like hell. That's basically it." I said in a soft voice, since I couldn't talk loudly.

"I'm sorry Chase, but I have to do this." He said. "Do what?" I asked, since I was kind of scared. "Open your eyes." I opened them. He barked out his flashlight and shone it directly into them.

It hurt like Hell. Actual Hell. I Instantly pulled away, cursing under my breath. "What the fuck? Why the fuck? Did that hurt so much?"."Yup. As I figured. You have migraine, and a bad one." Marshall said, to which everyone except me gasped, and Ryder fainted again. Great.