Just One Kiss Ch 33

"Evening Son, inquiring minds want to know why you're sitting in the dark."

Rahul jumped a foot off the couch spun around.

"Easy Son, it's only me."

Rahul blew out a breath in an effort to calm his racing heart. Turning on the light Wade came and sat down next to his son. "Where are the other members of the household?"

"Huh?"

"Where are Johanna, Tia and Shaka?" Wade clarified.

"Huh?" Rahul repeated listening and looking around.

"How long have you been sitting there that you never noticed that you've been alone here."

"Too long obviously. I was lost in thought."

"What's wrong Son?"

Rahul looked at him quizzically.

"I know you Son. You only get like this when something is worrying you or you have a new idea for the company. So which is it?"

"I was thinking about Tia."

"What about her?"

"I was thinking about her work and your hobby. I know that you lied to us Dad. I know that not only did you know where she was all these years; you also visited her and brought back souvenirs." Sweeping his hands towards the mantel.    

"You're not angry?"

"No. You did right. Johanna and I were terrible to Tia. I shudder to think what we would have done if we'd known. As it was we were awful. I cleaned up my act but Johanna... well you know. Besides you did try to us to get us to reconcile with her but we refused to talk about her so it couldn't be helped. There is something I have to know though?"

"What?"

"Did you help her to disappear?"

Wade nodded watching his son closely for his reaction but all he did was nod.

"I thought so. Tell me how did y'all accomplish it?"

 Wade smiled "It was an elaborate and complicated thing. If one thing had gone wrong the whole thing would be ruined. Even now I don't quite know we managed to pull it off and I'm still amazed that we did."

"So you were in on it from the beginning?"

"No. I only came in towards the end. The entire thing was Tia and her friend's idea. Sometimes I wonder if Tia didn't need me if I would've been told at all."      

 "Wait. You said Tia and her friends. Jon, Danni and the others were part of it?"

"No. They knew nothing of the plot. If you remember, Johanna had forbidden Tia to talk to them. She made new friends and they helped her plan and execute operation disappear. They had everything planned down to latter. Including backup plans in case something happened."

"So what was your role?"

"Can't you guess?"

When Rahul frowned Wade grinned "Distracting my lady wife. Making sure that she was nowhere in the vicinity."

"So the vacation..."

Wade nodded. "You guessed it. Can you think of a better distraction?"

Rahul shook his head.

"I thought so."

"I'm curious. What was the plan for distracting me?"

"There wasn't any."