You Will Be Ours

Someone was watching me. That I knew for sure. I spun around quickly coming face to face with him. His black eyes bore into me, making me flinch and cower into a tree. I took small steps backwards never taking my eyes off of my mysterious stranger. He mirrored my every move.

He walked up to me until he was close enough to where our bodies were touching. He was a good six foot five so I had to lift my head in order to see his face. Then ever so slowly he leaned his head down to my ear. I felt his breath on my neck and shuddered. I did not know why I was not more scared of him. He then spoke several words to me, but in a different tongue that I could not understand. "vous êtes bel amour."

His voice sounded as smooth as silk. I opened my eyes when I did not sense him near me anymore and found that he had disappeared. Whispers sounded through the trees of the dense forest. I strained my ears trying to make out the words being said. The whispers were getting louder turning into shouts then yelling. That is when I realized they were terrifying pleas for help.

A women broke through a wall of Ivey that was adjacent to me. Panting she turned to me, with wide eyes full of fear. " You have to help me." She stopped, taking in a lungful of air. She commenced violently shaking, extending her index finger pointing directly at me. "Your eyes! You have no iris, or a pupil!" She shrieked and began back peddling away from me. She then became fully submerged in the trees hiding her from my view.

Something happened. My mind shifted; turning myself into a predator, and that girl into defenseless prey. I began stalking her. Following her deeper and deeper into the woods. There was one thought on my mind that drove me to hunt this girl down. When she came frantically stumbling to me, her arm was gushing blood. For some odd reason it drew me to her. There was something familiar about this person, and I had to find out what it was before it drove me insane.

I was looking at her uninjured arm when I noticed a dark patch of skin in a shape that looked like a diamond. I remember that mark. Oh my gosh. I know who this is. All at once my thoughts went back to normal and a gasp left my lips from the realization of who this women in front of me was, my mother.

I stepped into her field of vision, and hesitantly began making my way to her. I thought that she only lived in my memories. "Get away from me!" She cried while jumping up from her seat on a piece of wood. I held up my hands in front of me meaning her no harm. A silver glint caught my eye and I noticed that my mother was gripping a small pocket knife in her hand. I stopped in the middle of my pursuit, shocked that she did not recognize me.

Dark figures began to congregate around my mother. I knew far too well that when they came out to play they would always win. I tried getting through them to protect her but I couldn't. They were all here preventing me from saving what I had lost before. Ear piercing screams filled the forest. One right after another. It was horrifying. All I could do was stand there frozen. A gurgle sounded cutting off the screams and then silence.

My knees buckled below me, and I fell to the ground. I had heard that sound before. I opened my tear filled eyes to see if my prediction was true. To my utter dismay it was. All of the dark figures had vanished leaving a bloody mangled body laying in a pile of dirt. "Why?!" I screamed. Why did I have to relive my mothers murder. Her body lay exactly how I remember it to. Limp and lifeless and too covered in rubbish to be recognizable. Just like the first time, I

was helpless. I could not save her.

I managed to pick myself up off the ground and suddenly felt a stinging pain on my right forearm. I let out a slight shriek. Letters were being cut into my skin. It was them it had to be. The dark beings. I clenched my jaw shut waiting until the pain ceased. Slowly it died down. I looked at my arm, knots twisting in my stomach. Four simple words were carved in my skin, you will be ours.