Black

It's been two days since the ordeal with my leg. I have had to stay home, alone. Clarke has been harassing me non stop about how it happened, but I can not bring myself to tell him what I believe to be the truth. Mostly because I am worried he would send me to the nut house.

These past two days have been spent with me dwelling on my nightmares and what I did at the hospital. There was no explanation I could come up with to explain my unsettling behavior. One thing in particular has been running through my mind on an endless cycle. The growl that escaped my lips.

Getting ready for school this morning was a drag. I did not feel like limping around campus having nosy people ask about the incident. It was hard enough keeping Clarke at ease.

A honk sounded through the walls of my house making me jump out of my skin. Calming my heart down I quickly grabbed my bag, knowing it was Clarke. I prepared myself for more questioning, clenching my jaw as I got into Clarke's mustang.

"Hey Lace how's your leg doing today?" I was shocked. I thought he would pester me with questions right off the bat. Even though I had already made it perfectly clear that I did not have the answers the past two days. "Fine, thank you." I replied curtly. " Look I'm sorry for being annoying lately." He paused. "I just cannot understand how you managed to get a cut like that and not remember how!" I bit my lip deciding what to say. "It's okay Clarke. I'm lucky to have someone care so much."

With that he turned to the road, gunning it all the way to school. The whole ride there I was in turmoil, debating whether or not I should tell Clarke the truth. I mean after all he was my best friend and it has been eating me alive to keep this information to myself.

As we parked I decided on telling him after school. I hopped out of the car onto the pavement, wincing slightly when the force hurt my injury. Clarke was by my side in an instant. "Are you sure you can make it through school?" He said with a concerned look on his face. " I'm sure," I said. Immediately wishing to take back those words.

Walking up to the building I slyly skimmed my eyes over Clarke. He was wearing a red plaid shirt with the sleeves rolled up, true religion jeans, black vans, and had his gorgeous brown hair spiked up near the front. I couldn't help but stare. Clarke was delectable eye candy. His grey stormy eyes, built body, and sweet personality really made him the total package.

Of course I would never tell him this. Not only would it boost his ego, but it would give away my slight crush on him. Over all though me and Clarke were just best friends and would probably never be anything more. He was the only person who really gets me and knows everything that goes on in my sad pathetic life. I would not ruin that over a dumb little crush that was more than likely one-sided.

My first three periods went by unusually fast. I wasn't one for friends but the several I did have made a circle around me at lunch asking what happened to me."So Lacey where

have you been?" Hannah my best girl friend asked. Hannah was a short blonde with entrancing blue eyes. Boys drooled over her but she didn't give them much attention.

I was surprised that Clarke hadn't told anyone. I ended up telling them that I got a cold instead of the truth. Clarke's eyes widened slightly from my fib. I gave him a pleading look to just go along with it. Being the great friend he is he kept quiet not getting involved in the typical cafeteria banter.

My last hours of school were spent with me wondering why I had lied. Although I could not think of a reason, I felt that it needed to be done. Which was a weird feeling to say the least. I think the incident was messing with my head. Not to mention the nightmares.

Walking towards Clarke's mustang I noticed something that made my heart stop beating and then pick up pace to 1,000 beats per minute. My stance became rigid and my hands went clammy. A soft defensive growl made its way out of my mouth, but this time it didn't scare me. Standing next to a pole about ten feet in front of me was the hot guy from the first day of school. He was also my mysterious yet alluring attacker from my nightmare.

A smirk graced his flawless face. For some reason that made me want to charge him head on. Within a second I realized what I was thinking and stopped the plan from forming. I would have to confront him first because that was a knowing smirk. I had a gut feeling he knew something, and I did not like it in the least.

I walked up to him slowly and a look of amusement sparked in his eyes. Other than that one sign of emotion, his face was an expressionless mask. I was in front of him just staring deciding on how to word a legitiment question. He stood there staring back at me not seeming to care to break the silence.

My mind was in some sort of a haze. I couldn't remember why I had walked over to him. Instead of thinking any further. I took this oppurtunity to get a full look of him. He had charcoal black hair, with matching eyes. Making his gaze look threatening. He had pale white skin much like my own. As I noted before, he was very toned and muscular. He was wearing a black v-neck that clung to his body in all the right places. Over that was a leather jacket that looked quite real and very expensive.

After I was done gawking, I shook my head to clear my thoughts. That's when I remembered why I had come over to this guy. He was the one in my dream, the man who had thrown something at me and hurt me. I know that it was only a nightmare but it felt so real. Somehow it had to have happened. I looked back up to face him after my rush of thoughts, but found him to be nowhere in sight.

That was odd. How could he have been there one minute but then completely vanished the next? Maybe I was too caught up in my thoughts and didn't notice him walk away. Maybe I just imagined him being there. No, he was here I know he was. I will find him tomorrow.

With my newly found determination I started walking back to the mustang. Then an image flashed through my mind. His eyes. They were literally pitch black and they looked empty. An involuntary shudder ran through my body. Who was this guy, and why had he been in my nightmare?