Chapter 5: "I Don't Get It."

I wish I could take it all back.

Maybe turn back time.

Just to see you again.

To make it up to you.

To make it up to everyone.

~~~~

Minerva awoke up with hazy vision. Her head felt as if it were spinning and she could hear the gentle sound of muffled voices. Everything hurt. It felt as if she had just been hit by a train. No, two trains. No, three. She groaned, eyes fluttering shut once more, a throbbing pain in her head.

"Minnie?"

She could feel her heart her my throat. A familiar voice called out to her, one that she use to cherish so deeply.

"V..." The former Delta member forced her words to come out, only managing to cough in return. "..Vi?" She had multiple questions, like; Why was my throat so hoarse? What had happened? And more importantly, what the *hell* was going on?

"Oh, sweet pea, you're awake!" Another voice called out to Minerva, friendly and gentle.

Slowly but surely the res head forced herself to sit up, brushing her ginger colored hair out of her face.

Minerva was met a warm smile. Ginger hair, small dots and freckles spread across the pale woman's face. She instantly knew who had welcomed me when I had awoke and quite frankly, She wish she could avoid eye contact with the blonde next to her.

"R...Ruby?.." Minerva called out, groaning in disarray once more. "What the hell happened?" She hoarsely asked, brows creasing in worry.

"We were looking for ya'll once we escaped from the Delta. Heard some screams in the distance and followed our gut feelin' into thinkin' it was you." Ruby explained, continuing her explanation further,

"Once we found ya, ya'll was bein' surrounded by those god awful deadheads. And woowee, and you, Minerva, you and Clem both passed out. Most likely from the shock. There was way too many to kill, so we had to pick all ya up fast. What in the hay was ya'll thinkin', screaming in the middle of nowhere and attractin' them things?" Ruby asked bewildered, moving towards a counter. She was mixing something and by the sweet smell, Minerva could only justify it as tea.

"Maybe it was a death wish." The blonde had grumbled, propped against the bed frame, arms crossed.

"No need to be sour, Vi. Ya'll been through hell and back, I know the feelin'." Rubys brows had furrowed, sternness in her voice as she brought Minerva a hot cup of tea.

"...It ain't much, I know. It's a little bitter with what we have left, but it should help with the throat ache, sweet pea."

Minerva took a sip, relief washing down with her when the pain had began to succumb. "...I, uh-" The red head cleared her throat, shame and embarrassment arising in her face. "...Where's uh... Clementine. Yeah, Clementine. Was that her name?"

Violet took one good stare at Minerva, before her eyes flickered towards the other direction. She shook her head, scoffing. "Of course you don't even know her name."