Chapter 14 - Annabeth

A/n: Man, I posted 1 thanks and suddenly I have 27 more views! May not seem like a lot, but it is to me! Thank you!

So, because I have zero inspiration for what happens at school, I'd like you to just come up with your own theories. Remember, none of the elves know about demigods besides Sophie, and none of the demigods know about elves besides Annabeth. This chapter takes place at about 3:45, the next day.

PoV:Annabeth

I stood on top of Half Blood Hill, waiting for Sophie. Occasionally, a camper would come up and ask what I was doing, so I had to tell them I was waiting for someone. I'm pretty sure everyone thought I was talking about Percy, because they all smiles and walked away.

Suddenly, there was a sound like thunder, and I looked up and watched Sophie drop through a crack in the sky, with a cape flying out behind her. Of course, she could be stuck the landing a little better, but it still looked cool.

I suddenly realized that the camp has gone silent. I looked at the campers that were staring at us and shouted, "She's with me! It's fine!"

Sophie chuckled and mumbled , "Yeah. No reason to worry."I

I looked back at her and motioned for her to come with me, "What's up with the cape?" 

"Oh, my parents think I should wear elven clothes at home, so I wore this to hide them."

"Good call,"We walked around Camp, and I showed her everything. I tried to avoid my friends as much as possible, but we had some pretty close calls.

I guess Sophie knew we were trying to dodge the others because she started hiding faster than I was. One of those times, I saw her hiding some thing in her cape, but I couldn't tell what it was.

" Hey, Wise Girl! " I heard Percy sat as he came up behind me. (You've got to be joking.) All of a sudden, Sophie's voice appeared in my head.

#Don't worry about Percy. I was prepared for this. #

I just nodded and turned to face my boyfriend, "What's up, Seaweed Brain?"

 " You know, just wondering why you're hiding from your friends with a person in a cloak? "

I looked back at Sophie, who'd lifted the hood up to hide her face before I answered, "Well, she's new and shy. I didn't want to many people swarming her all at once."

 " Okay... " Percy turned his attention to Sophie, and I silently prayed to my mother that he wouldn't recognize her, "And you are?"

 " M-Malorie, F-Freeman. " Sophie replied, lifting up the object a little more.

 Percy looked at her for a bit before nodding, "Well, it's nice to meet you!" He held out his hand. When Sophie hesitated , I remembered what she said about being an enhancer.

"Percy, " I sighed, trying to sound a tad annoyed, "What did I just tell you I was trying to do?"

Percy lowered his hand, " Er, right. Sorry. "

I smiled, "It's alright, Seaweed Brain. I'm gonna show her around the rest of camp. I hang out with you later."  Sophie could barely contain her laughter as we walked away from a stunned Percy. When we reached my cabin, we shut the door and both burst out laughing.

 "Oh, my, mallowmelt!" Sophie exclaimed between laughs, "That, was, amazing!"

 " Oh man! His face, though!" We laughed for a while before finally calming down.

"Okay, okay, we need to work on the scroll now." Sophie sighed.

" Right. Quick question, though; how'd you keep Percy from recognising you? "

Sophie pulled out a strange device from her cloak, "It's called an addler. It lets people are what you look like, but as soon as you try to remember, you can't." she shrugged, " Don't ask me about the science behind it, I just know it works. "

I nodded, decided not to ask any more questions, "Well, I've been thinking about what the prophecy said, and I think I have an idea."

" Really? What is it? "

"Well, in the first line, it mentions your enemy, right? And the second line refers to me. The next two lines are reverse: my enemies and you. Line six mentions 14 people 'splitting' to find the truth. So, I'm thinking that maybe you need to lead my group, and I need to lead yours. "

Sophie looked thoughtful, "You know, that could be right. But, didn't Chiron say that not everyone would be going? "

I sighed as I nodded until Sophie's eyes widened, "Oh man. If not everyone in our groups go, the groups would still be split. Us changing places is just swapping, only letting a few go is splitting. "

I processed what she said for a moment. If some people couldn't go, who would it be? Sophie and I had to go, Percy would probably make himself come, Piper could charmspeak, Leo could take away the Argo II until we let him come, Frank could say we need his powers, Hazel would come to protect Frank, Nico would come to protect Hazel, and Jason would come to protect everyone. There 's no way my group would let us split.

Sophie seemed to come to the same conclusion about her group as I did, because I heard he sigh in defeat, "Oh who are we kidding? There's no way our groups would split willingly!"

" Well, maybe Chiron  knows who to send? "

"And I can always ask Mr Forkel. And then we just tell the people they suggest and not make the quest public?"

I nodded. It was the best we could do right now. I went with Sophie back to Half Blood Hill and watched her levitate and crack the void open.

"Wait, who? What?!" I heard Jason exclaim from behind me. 

"What is it, Jason?"

" Well, I heard the strange thunder thing earlier, so I thought that maybe my father had showed up for some reason, so I came back here now to see if something would happen. Now the girl 's just... gone! "

I sighed, "She's possibly going to be a new camper. Her godly parent is... one of the unique ones. That's her method of travel."

" Does Chiron know about this? "

"Yes, he does. Which reminds me, I need to talk to him." With that, I headed to the Mess Hall.

Yay! I finally finished! I got major writers block during this and it took me a while to figure it out. So, from here the chapters should get progressively longer and less boring. Anyways, she you later!