Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Corbin sat crying on his bed, dwelling on the destruction he had caused. This was the third time this month something had set him off, the first being an old picture of his uncle he had found. Today it was a kid being an asshole at school. Word had gotten around about his mother’s illness and his girlfriends death. Most people blamed him for both, which he was used to by now. Today was different. Today his mother was released and come home. Today he snapped.

“So, the crazy bitch is back is she?” Corbin heard walking to class, “better watch out, she might freeze you with her stare”

“Shut up Ryan.” Corbin turned slowly, fists already clenched tight.

“That’s all she does anyway, right?” Ryan laughed. Corbin glared

“Ooh, be careful, he might be curse us with the stare too! Probably crazier than she is!”

“I said SHUT UP jerk!”

“What you gonna do about it? Send me in to a trance?” Smirking, he drew close to Corbin, “After all, that’s what you did to your mother.” Crack! Ryan was on the ground, nose bleeding, trying to scramble away. Corbin’s fists and feet were just too fast. He couldn’t hear, couldn’t see, couldn’t stop. He just kept swinging. Sirens filled the school, and two officers seized Corbin. The last thing he saw was the barely moving body of Ryan, his face unrecognizable and deformed.

 No charges were pressed, but as he sat there, he was in a prison of his own. He stared out the window, looking at the stars, which transformed before him with swirls of color. They tortured him with his past, with images of his uncle, his mother rocking and weeping, the laughter of his classmate, and the voice of his grinning father saying It’s all going to be okay, it’s all going to be okay, It’s all going to be okay…. Soon the sounds and vision were roaring in his mind, the visions would not cease. There was only one way out, only one way to escape the hell he was living, one way to shut up the voices. There was only one way to kill the monster inside. Tears streaming, he ran screaming to the kitchen. His father grabbed and tried to hold him back as he sprinted for the knives. He was telling the lie again, saying, calm down son, it’s all going to be okay.

“SHUT UP!” With a single swing of the elbow he knocked his father away and grabbed the longest sharpest object he saw, “IT IS NOT ALL GOING TO BE OKAY! NEVER!” With that, he plunged the knife into his wrist. A woman’s hand grabbed the knife away while he was distracted by insanity – his mothers. He tried to grab it back but the blood loss made him weak. He fell to his knees, his vision became tunnels, and he saw death, feeling the sweet end of his life drawing near. With that he fell.

I hope you all are enjoying this so far! Please let me know what you think! I'd love to hear your response, good or bad! :) Thanks! -Anja