Chapter 2

With a toothy grin and blushing skin Corbin slipped into the house and hung his coat on the hook. He drifted toward the living room to sit and dream in front of the fireplace, still high from his night with Ally. Just as he was about to enter, the sound of gruff, coughing laughter hit his ear. Damn, he’d forgotten his alcoholic uncle was staying with them this month.

“So my boy, late night with your special friend I see.” His uncle slurred and winked as he turned and looked at Corbin, lifting a brown bottle in the air.

“G-good night Uncle Mitch.” Corbin breathed and turned to flee to his room.

“Don’t be shy boy, come tell your old uncle all about it.” An unsettling expression came over his face.

“I’m really tired Uncle Mitch, I’ll see you tomo –.”

“You will do what I say when I say it boy!” Corbin jumped and stepped back “What, you scared of me boy? Just cuz’ I had a drink or too!” Corbin stared wide eyed at his intoxicated uncle, who was now moving toward him “HAHAHA! The little bitch IS scared!” As his uncle stepped toward him again spilling his liquor, he tried to break for the stair. Even intoxicated, his uncle was stronger and faster. Mitch grabbed Corbin’s arm and clamped down around his bicep. No matter how hard Corbin tried, he couldn’t break away. Mitch grabbed Corbin’s collar and threw him up against the wall.

“You’ve grown up into quite the handsome young man haven’t ya’” Mitch slurred again, looking Corbin over with the same unsettling look he had before. Slowly, Mitch reached for the buttons on Corbin’s shirt, giving him the strength to shove Mitch away. He ran into the living room, but didn’t get far before his uncle grabbed him and threw him on the couch nearby.

“No! Please, Don’t!! Help! HELP!” Corbin screamed, resulting in a slap across the face.

“SHUT UP!” His uncle screamed, picking Corbin up and raising his hand to beat the boy into submission.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” a woman’s voice screamed. Corbin’s cries had finally awakened his mother.

“You stay out of this Janet, your son and I were just having a little disagreement, that’s all”

“Keep your filthy hands off of my son! I will not let you hurt him like you hurt me!” She lunged at him, only to be backhanded and thrown to the ground, helpless.

“I said stay out of it! Don’t you remember what happened last time you got in my way? I guess you didn’t learn your lesson the first time! I suggest you leave right now, or he’ll feel the repercussions of your mistake” He flashed a pocket knife. Janet turned away, breathless and with shame in her eyes. “Get upstairs, you never saw anything. Just a little disagreement.”

“Just a little disagreement.” She uttered. With an apologetic expression and tear filled eyes she stood, broken, and slipped up to her bedroom. That night Corbin received the first and worst beating he would ever experience. His uncle not only took away his health that night, but every bit of his innocence, right there in the living room. Mitch warned that if Corbin ever told a soul what had happened he would kill his entire family. He then packed up his belongings, grabbed the bottle he had been drinking, and walked out.

When Corbin’s father finally came home, he was passed out, beaten and bloodied on the sofa. The last thing Corbin remembers from that night was the sound of sirens and flashing lights. The doctors told him he had four broken ribs and a bruised lung. He could have lost his life if his uncle had beaten him a second longer. Life never really returned to normal after that, and on top of it all, he had to carry the dark secret of what his uncle had done after the beating with him forever. All anyone kept telling him was “It’s all going to be okay.” What could they do? All he had to hope for in his life now was Ally, and even she, Corbin soon realized, couldn’t fix his life. In fact, there was no one, it seemed, who could.

Please Continue Reading! It will get happier I promise! :) Thanks for your support this far!