5

With her words three sets of eyes swing over to Greyson. One set resigned, one shocked in disbelief and the other makes him wince at her accusatory look. "Well?" Lynnette demands.

"He's right. Had Sierra not survived or had she asked he would have been executed. I couldn't even have saved him. He's just damn lucky that Sierra survived." Greyson turned away from them with those words and wipes away his own tears. Had the execution order gone out, he would have been the one to do it.

"You weren't executed because I survived the change?" Sierra repeats shocked to her father.

"Yes," Castielle says resigned. It's too late, he changed too late.

"Is there more I should know before we get to what the hell you two were fighting about in the hall earlier?"

"There is nothing more that would pertain to what happened tonight." Castielle says in a voice just above a whisper.

"As for tonight, well, that was my fault. I should know better by now." Castielle says more than a little bitter. "Too little too late, that should be my motto. Forgive me, Sierra. Not because I deserve it, but because you don't deserve the burden of carrying around the hatred and bitterness like I have. It's a heavy burden and you don't deserve it. I will stay out of your way while you are here." Castielle gives her one very weak smile before bowing to them all and leavings.

"Castielle!" Lynnette says as the door to her room closes behind Castielle. She sits back slumped and turns her attention to Sierra.

"He's right you know. The weight is heavy and I don't want to lose you like we might just lose him. Forgive him and forgive those that hurt you before your turn. 

"Have there been any since?" Lynnette demands to know.

Sierra still in shock from what she's learned this night is slow to respond. "Forgive me, no, there haven't been any since my turn." Sierra smirks rather nastily. "Thanks to being a vampire I now have the strength and training to protect myself."

"Good, then it should make it easier to forgive Castielle," Lynnette just raises he eyebrow at Sierra's betrayed look. "I said to forgive him, not become buddies with him. I would hope that in time you could, but I'm not going to hold my breath for it to happen.

"Just let it go, Sierra. Let it go."

Sierra wants to sneer at Lynnette but manages to hold it back when she says, "Aren't you being a bit of a hypocrite? Shouldn't you forgive Lord Darius and Lord Ja-Micah?"

"Yes, I should forgive Darius, and it's something I've been working on. I never said it would be easy. I have forgiven him somewhat, but he's damaged the relationship and that will take time to rebuild. 

"As for Lord Micah," Lynnette looks over to him, "I owe him an apology, but he's the one that wouldn't allow me to be close enough to give it."

Sierra gasps in shock, she hadn't realized that things had deteriorated that badly. Every one knows that Micah is damn near obsessed with Lynnette, he'd give his life for her without even blinking. That he wouldn't talk to her or allow her to talk to him is bad, very, very bad.

"I see, I'll do my best, Lynnette, to forgive Castielle." She makes to get up when Lynnette stops her.

"I didn't say you could go. What were you and Castielle screaming down the house about?" Lynnette has Sierra pinned by her gaze.

"I wanted to go hunting and was taunting him with what I was going to wear." Lynnette mutters looking down now.

"What you were going to wear? How could you taunt him about that when you are dressed like that?" She is in a extra large t shirt and jeans, about as modest as you can get.

Sierra's face would be burning if vampire's could blush. "I told him what I was planning on wearing. He thinks that just because he turned me that he has a say in what I can wear when I go hunting." Sierra says that last bit a little bitterly.

Lynnette snorts out in derision. "You want him to get upset or you wouldn't taunt him like that. If you truly didn't care you wouldn't say anything and would just get dressed and go hunting." Lynnette turns to Greyson.

"Is this what you meant when you said that she would irritate Castielle until she was sent out on errands for Darius?" Lynnette demands of Greyson.

"Yeah, things like that. It's like world war three in here sometimes with those two."

"I see, I'll talk to Darius and have Castielle moved to the council to help with Darius's work there. It seems like there is no one that he can trust there." Lynnette no sooner says those words and she hears a gasp.

"You can't do that, Lynnette. Castielle loves being here, loves helping Micah and Darius run the seethe. He's worked damn hard to get to this position, you can't take that away from him."

Lynnette shrugs her shoulders. "It would be a promotion for Castielle. He would be in charge of the work for the council, not just third in command. It is a position that only someone of great trust could hold."

"You would take him away from his father?" Sierra asks defeated.

Lynnette looks at Sierra in confusion. "You make that sound as if it would matter? Should Castielle or Micah wish to visit each other they could. No one is stopping them. You would likely be promoted to the elite if you stayed. With Castielle gone there would be no real reason for you to leave."

Greyson isn't sure if Lynnette actually means the words she is saying or if she is saying that to force Sierra to acknowledge something that she won't say.

He hopes it is the latter and not the former.

"You can't do that, it hurts to be away from your sire for long periods of time. Even when you are weaned from them, it hurts."

Lynnette sniffs, "Yeah, I see that with Darius and Cristiano. They went centuries before reuniting."

Lynnette looks at Sierra and demands, "What is the real reason you don't want me to talk to Darius about having Castielle removed from here?"

Greyson looks at Sierra as well and waits for her answer.

First one then another tear falls down her face as she finally crumbles, "There is no reason for me to stay if Castielle isn't here. It hurts to see him, that's why I start so many fights with him. Don't punish him for me being such a bitch.

"It hurts me to see him, but it hurts me even more to not see him. Half the time I'm out on errands, I'm actually nearby where I can still see him.

"Please, don't send him away from here. I'll stop picking fights with him. Please, Lady Lynnette." Sierra begs her to not send Castielle away.