2

"I was asking about the fight you somehow missed earlier. Every one else in the mansion heard it, though. It was the other part of why they are here that you are here as well Micah." Lynnette says, her voice soft but cold.

Lynnette refusing to acknowledge the pain her words bring Greyson. She's tried multiple times over the weeks to apologize to him, but he won't talk to her. She's done trying to make things right, not when he obviously doesn't want her to.

Lynnette turns her gimlet stare over to Castielle, "Well? I'm waiting."

Castielle shrugs helplessly. "Today's argument stems from the beginning. In order to understand you will need to know our history."

"I see, but you are wrong." They are all looking at her like she is crazy and spouting non sense. Lynnette smirks at the two trouble makers. "We need to go back further than the beginning. I need to know both stories. Sierra, that means I need to hear your story. I've waited for you to share it with me and shared mine with you, but you haven't. I'm sorry that I'm forcing you to do so now, but this antagonism between you and Castielle needs to stop.

"Castielle, I will need your story for the time leading up to meeting Sierra and turning her." Lynnette spears them both with her eyes and leaves no room in them to doubt that they aren't leaving that room until her instructions are followed completely.

This makes Greyson antsy. He can't stay still. He moves from behind the couch where Castielle had taken up residence to over to the window a short distance from Lynnette. This has the double advantage of looking outside at the calming scene of the pets playing together and with the puppy Lynnette had gifted Cassie with and being in protective distance of Lynnette should one of the other vampires lose control.

Castielle takes a deep breathe and begins his story. He flicks his eyes to his father knowing that he doesn't like remembering this time any more than he does.

Castielle stalks into the castle war room angry. That piece of shit Duke is calling for another senseless war. When will he learn that he won't make money if he keeps giving it to his soldiers to fight and having to pay mercenaries because he no longer has men to fight?

Castielle wonders if there will even be enough food for the people that won't be going to war after this next campaign if the losses are as great as Darius and Micah fear they will be. Does the Duke even care if his people starve?

Castielle laughs bitterly, of course not, he has food given to him in tithes no matter how little there is for the rest of his people.

"Castielle? You need to calm down. You are still having trouble controlling your blood lust. I would be leaving you here if I could." Micah tells him coming into the room as well. He places a calming hand on his son's shoulder.

Castielle shrugs it off and stalks over to the map that is laid out on the table that has pride of place in the room. "He's a fucking fool, Micah and you know it!"

"Yes, but he is also our sworn lord, we have no choice but to muster men to go and fight. Or would you prefer a traitor's death?" Micah asks his son with one brow raised in question.

Castielle slumps his shoulders, "No father, you know I wouldn't. Yet this is the first year in some time that there is promise for a decent crop, yet we have to strip the farms of the men to raise the crops to fight this battle just because our duke has an overly sensitive ego. You'd think that he'd grow up a bit by now. He's as old as Darius."

With that Greyson laughs, "No, Darius is far older he has just messed with his age to look like a middle aged human. But you are correct, the duke needs to grow up, but until his spoiled ass has to face reality he won't." Greyson shrugs his shoulders. There are going to be a lot of deaths and the war is just the start of it. The death from lack of food will be high if they aren't able to bring in more than the tithes. That will mean even more death in the coming year after that. The best way, short of killing the duke, is to end the war as soon as possible so as many farmers as possible can go back to their farms and hopefully salvage enough crops to save them all.

Greyson rather likes the idea of killing the duke, but Darius refused to consider the idea. Castielle even had a way to make it look natural.

Darius soon joins them and their ranting abruptly ceases.

Darius looks at them both suspiciously. "I know you aren't happy about my decision, but we will not break faith with our lord. Not unless he breaks faith with us first." And they all know that the duke is terrified of Darius and Micah even though he is the one to gift them their lordship and territories. He's never met Castielle or he'd be beyond terrified, he'd never let him near him.

"Yes, my lord." Both Micah and Castielle say in unison. Darius sighs.

"Come, let's plan this thing so that we can be back here sooner rather than later." For the next few hours they go over plans and contingencies and back up plans. They leave the room to prepare, they will be leaving in just a couple of days to go fight.

That part actually makes Castielle smile. When he fights he's able to let lose his predator, he just has to keep tight enough control on it to not kill friends, just enemies.

"Castielle, wait up." Micah tells his child as they go down the hall. He directs Castielle to his room.

Micah strokes his face once the door is closed and Castielle closes his eyes in pleasure. "I will let you go find food in a minute. I just have some instructions for you. I know you are angry with what your mother did to you and had done to you. I know that you take that anger out on females. Just remember, Castielle," Micah gives him a kiss. "That the females are the most powerless of all. What happened to you isn't normal, what happened to your sisters is far more normal.

"You are not to take your anger out on any female. You are allowed to go after the enemy only. If they come after you to harm you, you can defend, but if you go after them first they have that right. Do not, Castielle, do not go after a female. Those aren't just my orders, they come from Darius as well.

"So far you have pleased me, don't ruin that now." Castielle kisses Micah back after he finishes his instructions.

"Yes, father,"  Castielle stays with Micah for the rest of the night and Micah allows him to feed from him as well.