Chapter 16: The Dead Came to Party

A/N: So, so late! I'm just glad I was able to write this LONG chapter XP Sorry it took so long; this weekend has been so busy, and finals are just beginning to stress me out, big time :/ Hope you enjoy ^__^ Don't forget to read the author's note at the end; it's VERY important! Enjoy! <3

Chapter 16: The Dead Came to Party

   'Toni!' The name vibrated against the wall of the home, leaving me discombobulated. The voice was familiar, and I realized that this wasn't a dream or a nightmare.

   It was a memory.

  The walls of my childhood home were bright to my eyes; so pure. My Mom and sister were behind me; a vampire in front. He flashed his glistening white fangs at me, obviously relishing in my fear.

   "I told you I'd come back, Christina," Henri stated with a grin, his blackening eyes passing over me to land on my Mother. I tried to move away as Henri stalked toward me, black hair falling over his face, his mouth cracked in a wicked grin. I found that I couldn't move. Why couldn't I move?!

   Henri snickered, as if he knew that I was struggling and it was futile. I couldn't run. I couldn't escape.

   Was I going to die this time?

   Cold hands of steel wrapped around my arm; nails dug into skin and I yelped. Tears sprung in my eyes, and I refused to look at the monster that held me in place.

   "Antoinette," his breath hot against my ear, it contrasted with the rest of his cooling body. That voice caused me to shiver, and it only worsened when I felt fangs prick my skin.

   "No," I whimpered weakly." S-stop... "

   Teeth sunk in deeper, neatly breaking the skin, and I thrashed in my captor's grip. Henri's grip didn't loosen; if anything, his grip solidified further, to the point where I let out a small scream. I could feel liquid running down my neck, and my eyes slipped shut at this sensation.

   I barely felt him anymore; for a moment, I pictured that I'd escaped the memory.

   My hopes shattered completely when my Father arrived at the scene, his face ashen as he took in the sight before him. Before I realized what was happening, I was thrown to the ground. The carpet burned under my skin, and I glanced up to see Henri focused on the newcomer.

   Daddy.

   Before I could squirm towards Mom and Liz, a foot slammed down on the small of my back. I cried out at the impact, earning a chuckle from the vampire that had pinned me down.

   "Your daughter is such a spitfire, isn't she?" Henri murmured thoughtfully, his face a twisted mask. His eyes shifted to my Mom again. "She must get that from you, Christina."

   Instead of screaming or running, Mom stood her ground, eyes full of determination. "Let her go, Henri. She has nothing to do with this. Don't punish Toni for something I did."

   The vampire actually seemed to listen to her, but I never heard the rest of anything. The memory came apart instantly, and my eyes flew open to reality. The first thing I saw was an intricately-decorated ceiling. The cream-colored walls heavily complimented the scenery above. Feeling a general softness at my back, I quickly realized that I was lying on a bed. A very comfy one.

   ...Wait a minute.

   Was I still at the Dakota? What... what had happened? Had the sun risen or something? What-

   Then I felt the soreness in my neck, and rolled my shoulders to relieve the tension in them. God, was I sore... but why?

   "Toni, thank God!" I was slow to realize that I wasn't alone in the bedroom suite. Kira Sinclair gave me a relieved smile. She didn't look too good otherwise; her hair wasn't brushed; she looked like death...