Cover Request: Within the Bonds

Title: Within The Bonds

  Subtitle: Family is not just an important thing, it's everything

Author Name: Kia Coelho

Summary: A 14- year old girl entire life is turned upside down after her mother's death when she moves in with a bunch of strangers she now knows as her brothers who also happen to be the leaders of one of the world's most feared mafia which she has no clue about. Thought out her journey she is faced with her family's deepest darkest secrets. They try to keep her away from their work in order to keep her safe, but there is someone who has other plans for her.

Thoughts: I struggled a lot with this cover because of two reasons

Thoughts: I struggled a lot with this cover because of two reasons. The first was that you had mentioned either wanting the bracelet or the jewelry box, and I wasn't certain which would look better. My concept for the bracelet fell out the window though when none of the images I wanted for it were looking good, and it just didn't come out. However, the jewelry box posed its own challenges, so I really hope this is what you meant when you said intricate! The second reason I struggled with this,  however, was because the program I use to make covers has been 'updating' itself recently and all of the updates have entirely messed it up, which meant that I had to go back and use the 'original' version of the program which is...a lot harder to use, and doesn't have any of the stuff I needed. So a lot of this I ended up having to do in my Sketchbook app and drew myself to add on, so I really *really* hope this turned out okay!

I really enjoyed the concept of using shadows and light to describe the story for this cover. I wanted to show the girl's connection to the jewelry box and her connection to her five brothers, so I have her centered between them, with the boys fading into darkness above her and the box below her, the only thing that's in full color and not hidden entirely by shadows. I wanted to showcase the darkness of your story, too, with the shadows.

I hope that this meets your expectations! I will have the link to where you can download the cover in the comments. Thanks!