Betrayed

Suddenly, we burst out of the clouds. I blinked and raised my hand to block out the brilliant sunshine that streamed out of the blue black sky.

"Look!" Thomas shouted and pointed out the window.

Directly ahead of us, a massive silver star ship materialized. I marveled at the size of it. It was easily miles long with an elegant elongated spherical shape and completely smooth without any protrusions or antenna of any kind. It managed to be both awesome and beautiful like a flying cathedral.

"That's an Orion Star Ship," David said.

"Correct. An Omega Class Luxury Liner. I show this one as registered to the Empress herself." Cassie remarked.

"The Orion Empress? What the bloody hell does she want with us?" Thomas exclaimed.

David pressed a button on the dash. "Orion Star Ship. This is Agent David Ross of Blackstone. We are on a mission of crucial importance. Millions of Earth lives are in jeopardy and your tractor beam is delaying our mission. Release us at once."

Only silence greeted David's demands.

"Not very polite, these Orions," Thomas said.

"It doesn't surprise me. Nothing that witch does brings any good to anyone." David said as he checked his phone. "Great, they're jamming our phones."

"You mean Empress La Ron Na?" Carrie said as she gazed out the window at the approaching Orion Star Ship.

"A great many of her people would disagree with you, Brunner. In the eyes of the Galactic Council, Prince Val Tarran is the rightful heir to the throne of Orion and the Usurper is just a tyrant with blood on her hands," David remarked.

"Yeah, well, it looks like she's got all the ships. The last time I checked, might goes a long way toward settling the question of who gets to rule." I said.

"I can't disagree with you," David said.

We sailed under the immense belly of the starship. I looked up trying to see any opening in the shining silver surface, but couldn't detect anything. Suddenly, the beamship halted and began to rise toward the hull.

"I've received a message from the Orion Star Ship," Cassie stated, "Prepare to receive an audience with the Empress La Ron Na."

"Cassie, inform her highness that we can't be delayed any further. We are on a mission of critical importance to Earth." David said.

"I'm sorry, David, but there's no response. All my attempts at contact are greeted with silence." Cassie replied.

"I guess, we've got to plead our case in person," I said.

The tractor beam sucked us toward the great hull of the starship. Just when it seemed that we would smack into the side of the ship, the hull neatly parted and we flew inside.

We rose through a gigantic tunnel with sharp blinking lights all around us. I marveled at the size of the starship. It was like being inside a floating city. All around I could see Orion crewmembers attending to their duties. The ship was so large that they looked like miniature dolls in a playhouse.

Suddenly, over a dozen silver uniformed clad Orion guards flew along side us. They carried long tridents that were twice the length of their bodies. The leader, a burly Orion with two gold bars on his chest pointed his trident at us. "Earth Ship, follow us and prepare to receive her majesty." He flew off and the rest of the honor guard joined him.

A slight jolt rocked Cassie. David grabbed the controls. "All right, I've got manual control back."

"Let's make a run for it," Thomas said.