Chapter 62

~January 2~

*Sofia's P.O.V.*

The New Year's Eve party was great, not counting the Ellie incident, we had a great time and thankfully Niall didn't get as hammered as he did in New York. We didn't have a lot of trouble with paparazzi, since we were nearly the last ones to leave and by the time we did there weren't any paparazzis around. Today Niall and I are flying to Ireland so that I can meet his family and I'm really nervous. Not only am I meeting his family, but we have to go to the airport and it's the first time we're traveling together, I just hope there aren't many fans around.

"You've got everything?" Niall asked me one last time as we headed out the door.

"Yeah, I do." I spoke, looking through my checklist in my phone. "Do you have everything?"

"Yes." He spoke confidently.

"Passport?"

"Shit. I'll be back." He ran to the bedroom to retrieve it I suppose and came back a few seconds later holding it proudly in his hand. "What would I do without you?" He kissed my cheek.

"You would've lost your flight for sure." I laughed as we started loading our suitcases to the car. "Now, are you really sure you have everything?" I asked again, since you can never be too cautious.

"Yes, I'm sure." Niall answered as we both got inside the car and started the drive to Heathrow Airport. I couldn't stop bouncing my legs, and Niall noticed. "Are you okay?"

"I'm nervous." I admitted.

"Why?"

"Because, first, what if we get mobbed at the airport? And second, what if your parents don't like me?"

"I can only help ease the nerves of the latter, don't be nervous petal, my parents are going to love you. I mean they already do, my mom gushes over you every time we speak on the phone and she hasn't even met you."

"Thank you baby." I squeezed his free hand.

"We're here already." Niall announced as he parked in what looked like a pretty private parking lot.

"There aren't many cars here." I pointed out the obvious.

"It's 'cause we're in a private parking lot. They have these and private entrances to avoid people getting mobbed."

"Oh, I had no idea."

"Yeah, it's pretty new actually. I've used it a couple of times only and it's pretty great. Especially when you want to travel incognito. Because sometimes management makes me go out through the front door so that I can get papped." Relief washed over me because I was very nervous about getting mobbed, well Niall getting mobbed and me being dragged with him.

"That's great! Let's get going then." We started getting out suitcases out of the trunk and headed inside. As soon as we stepped foot inside I realized we were in a private area of the airport. They had a dedicated check in counter especially for guests arriving through these doors and it was deserted. After checking in we headed towards security. We had to go through security like everyone else, but we were able to go through the fast lane and as soon as we passed we hurried over to one of the private lounges. I did hear people whispering as we passed, people recognized Niall but he kept his head down and walked straight towards the lounge.

"We made it." He finally spoke once we were inside.

"Yeah." We made ourselves comfortable and were just talking to each other and eating snacks while waiting for our flight to be called.

"Flight 9573 to Dublin boarding will begin shortly." We heard through the speaker.

"That's us." Niall announced as we started gathering our things, we were about to get up from our seats but my phone started buzzing in that moment and I took it out. It was Vic calling, which was weird, since back home it was 4 am. I raised up my finger, asking Niall to wait a bit. "Vic? Everything okay?" I answered the phone, afraid that something bad had happened.