Chapter Seventeen.

Chapter 17.

A lot of emotions were running through me as I drove back to my old pack. I was very tired already, and the twins fighting screaming in the car wasn't helping my headache.

"Shhh guys, mommy's tired. Please be quiet," I asked calmly. I wasn't one of those mothers who continuously nagged their children or even smacked them to punish them. I wasn't anti-punishments, so the twins weren't spoilt, but I punished them by doing other things than scaring them or threatening them. When the twins were older, I didn't want them to be scared to tell me things. I would hate to be that kind of mother.

"Sorry momma," they said simultaneously.

They were quiet after that, and occasionally spoke when Kaden asked Charis if she was okay and Charis would reply yes. He was so caring of his baby sister, and this made my heart swell in pride. At least I did one thing right.

I turned on the radio quietly, and it was the right time as well, because they'd just announced that my song was Number 1 on the Charts. I squealed like a little girl, and both the twins started bouncing up and down in their car seats after hearing the song.

"Momma! Momma! It's momma's song!" cried Charis.

"I'm so proud of you momma," Kaden said.

"Aww, thank you baby, and I'm so proud of you too," I smiled at both my children. After listening to my song on the radio, they both fell asleep, with both of them snuggling close and Charis' head on Kaden's shoulder. They looked too cute!

An hour later, we finally reached the small house I (well, when I say I, I mean my manager) bought prior to coming here. Since I figured I wouldn't be wanting to spend a lot of time there and the twins and I would need our own private space, I bought a new house here. It wasn't too far from the pack house, yet it wasn't on the pack lands- it wasn't anyone's land, so it was free for any wolf to stay on as long as they didn't cause trouble with the local packs.

Once I parked the car in the driveway, I woke both the kids up. When they both reluctantly finally woke up, they both took in the small, one-story Tudor-styled house with wide eyes.

"Momma, is this our new house?" Charis asked me, eyeing the house curiously.

"For a few weeks baby, then we're going back," I answered, placing a kiss on her rosy cheeks.

I unbuckled them from the car seats and watched as they ran over to the front door, and trying to open it. I chuckled and locked the car before going over to them and opening the door. My manager had already bought new furniture and furnished it already, so every thing we'd need was in there already. Our bags and suitcases had also been shipped of here already but would arrive soon.

I checked out the house and it felt so warm and cosy. There were three bedrooms in the house, which was perfectly big and a very large living room. The kitchen was very modern and the living room already had a huge over 100" T.V plastered on the walls. The house was located in the woods, near a lake, so the big glass wall in the living room had the perfect view. I loved this house already!

It was quite dark already when a large van arrived carrying the suitcases, boxes and bags. The delivery man kindly placed them all inside the house, but of course for a price, which was an autograph for his daughter. But I didn't mind anyways, especially if it was going to make someone happy.

The twins helped me unpack their clothes and toys and neatly set it out in their drawers and their walk-in closet. It took about an hour since both of them wanted to bring all their toys and books. They had too much things!