Chapter Twenty-Eight. (Part 2)

Chapter 28. (Part 2) 

[ Chase's P.O.V ]

'Sophia, try to escape. Try to get away from their attention,' I mind-linked Sophia, but not before ripping out this hideous rogue's shoulder off while he let out a lot cry.

'I'm not leaving you Chase, no matter what,' she replied before slamming her paw over the rogue's head, crushing its skull. Woah, who knew my mate could be this violent? I think I was a little scared of her now.

'Leave now Sophia,' my wolf snarled, worried that she could get hurt any second.

'No. . .they want me Chase. . .isn't it obvious? So I'm not going to be a coward about it and hide while several other pack members give up their lives for me. I won't ever be able to live with myself, knowing that I had caused the death of so many people.'

'Please Sophia?' I pleaded, already knowing what her answer would be.

'No. . .I'm sorry, Chase.' I watched from the corner of my eyes as Sophia's huge wolf jumped on yet another rogue. To say that her wolf was beautiful would be an understatement. With gleaming, pure white fur and bright blue eyes which could be seen from miles away, she was more than just beautiful. . .more like enticing. She was huge for a female as well; she towered over most of the males here and was the same size as Ryan, who was my beta, and nearly as big as me. It was truly gob-smacking!

The atmosphere was full of the metallic smell, which everyone of us knew as blood. Dead human bodies decorated the ground as blood oozed out of their fresh wounds. There were still many rogues alive, however more than half of them had been killed. Decapitated bodies were hurled around, both including my warriors and rogues, but thankfully, mostly rogues.

My shoulder throbbed as the injured rogue and I circled each other, our eyes glued at each other. His gait was so altered that I knew even if he did survive (which he wouldn't) he would never be able to walk properly. Looking straight into his yellow eyes, I watched as he tried to mask his fear for anger. He knew that I knew this weak point. And at that moment, I let my instincts take over, quickly hooking my paw in his right torso. Rapidly, I danced out of the way as his paw sling near mine, narrowly missing it.

Glancing over his head, I noticed that Ryan was surrounded by three wolves. I had to finish this fast; whipping around him, I struck him at the base of his skull, the audible hit reverberating through my body as he hit the ground.

Before I knew it, I was beside Ryan, biting off and successfully ripping off another rogue's paw. Spitting out its paw behind me, not caring where it landed, I gripped its neck with my teeth as he let out a loud whimper, struggling against me, trying to loosen my grip on him. In a swift movement, I snapped its neck before tossing it away like the garbage it was. Looking over at Ryan, I watched as he finished off the second wolf.

I pushed over the lifeless human body which now laid still on the floor before sprinting over to help another member of the pack who's neck was wrapped with the paws of a growling rogue.

'How many more?' I asked Ryan.

'Less than ten,' he replied curtly before slamming down another rogue on the ground.

Suddenly, I felt a pain on the right side of my hip. Sophia. I sniffed the ground, in hopes of the finding her scent in the midst of the several sickening scents. Since I was her mate, her scent would appeal to me a lot more and it would be a lot more stronger, even if she had been here days ago.

Finding her sweet scent, I followed it to a more secluded part of the yard. I'd been sniffing out her scent when I saw two wolves push Sophia's wolf away, while she flew away, her back colliding with the trunk of the tree. Instantly, I was in front of her, snarling at the two wolves in front if me.