Chapter #13

𝑬𝒍𝒊𝒛𝒂'𝒔 𝑷𝒐𝑽

We kept moving along until the tower of truths came into view.

"Alright. We'll rest here for now and the night as well. You all know what to do." Valentino instructed.

We all nodded. Even though it was still about 7 in the evening, we did walk a great deal.

"Hey Valentino, we're going to go check out the river there." Willa said.

"Who's going?" he asked.

"I guess all of us except you, Fred, and Eliza." she replied.

I looked up from my laptop, where I was typing.

"You still don't want to go with us? Or do you want me to stay here?" Willa asked me.

"No thanks. I still have some research to do. And I know research is boring to you." I replied plainly.

"Alright then. Don't come back too late though, Willa." Valentino said.

"Yeah ok." Willa replied and walked away.

"So what research are you doing now?" the vampire asked me as he leaned over to see what I was typing.

"Why do you care?" I asked.

Ok, I must confess that was a bit harsh.

"No, nothing. Just wondering." he replied.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound mean or anything." I apologized.

"It's fine." He replied and sat down next to me.

"So...." he said.

I just kept typing. I bet he was trying to start some sort of conversation with me. I get it, it's awkward, but I'm not a big fan of socializing either.

We soon started talking about some things and I genuinely got to know a vampire even more than I'd ever thought I could.

"I've heard some things about you." he suddenly said.

I stopped typing.

"What type of things?" I asked.

"I heard you've got quite a complicated way of thinking things." he said.

"Well, maybe. Maybe not. It just depends on how you look on the situation I guess." I said.

"Eliza, I have to tell you something." he said as his eyes met mine.

"What is it?" I asked.

I was not so used to these type of feelings or scenarios, so I was a bit frightened.

Just as he opened his mouth to say something, the others came back. He instantly stood up.

"Why back so early?" he asked.

"We've been there for about 2 hours or so." Addison said.

"The sun is setting. D told us to go back before you start freaking out about being late." Wynter chuckled.

"D?" he asked with suspicion.

"I mean Addison's sister." Wynter instanly corrected herself.

"Did she go already?" he asked.

"Of course." Addison replied.

I think the vampire was starting to get a bit insecure. But why? That was probably the most important question. Why?

"Alright then." he finally said.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -