Part 2- The boys are here!

Above is the Picture of the Bikini she got for her birthday
Enjoy :)

"Nina, is that Faye?" Says a feminine voice from the lounge room. Mother. I walk into the lounge room and see my mum and dad sitting in the couch drinking tea.

"Mother, Father. Why are you here?" I ask, sitting down on an empty chair facing my father.

"Oh darling didn't you miss us?" asks Mum

"Of course Faye missed us." Says Dad

"No I didn't miss you; I like it just Nina and I." I say crossing my hands over my chest. They have been gone 19 months and not a phone call or letter, just a text to my principal paying her, to keep me in school and not expel me. "Now why are you here?" I am getting annoyed now.

"Don't speak to your mother like that" says Dad

"It was aimed at both of you" I shoot back at him. He looked hurt after I said that. Before they started to travel, my Dad and I had a great relationship, I was more of a Daddys girl, but then he left and I changed.

"We are leaving again in the morning for New York, and we wanted to check in on you," Says Mum "and we got you a birthday present." When mum said that last bit, I am surprised. They dont usually buy me gifts.

"James could you" Mum says looking at Dad. I turn to face dad and he hands me a little red box with a black ribbon tied into a bow. I untie the bow and nestled in the box is a silver necklace shaped as a heart, I pick it up and read the little words in the heart, they read To our little Light, we love you to the Beyond and back. Love Mum and Dad I read the words repeatedly, this is the best birthday present ever. When I was little my parents called me their light, as when they were struggling financially, I was their light and pulled them through.

"Thankyou so much guys it so pretty." I stand up and go over to where my parents are sitting and give them a hug.

"Could you please put it one Mum?" I ask giving her the heart-shaped necklace. I turn around and hold my hair as she did it up. Bring. Bring. Bring.

"Hello... Yes... We... will be their... Today?... Yes sir." I turn and see my dad getting off the phone.

"Honey, we have to leave now for New York, Mr Silver has organised a private flight". Dad says to mum. Oh well all good things must end sometime I think to myself.

"Bye Mum, bye Dad" I say giving them another hug.

"We will try and call, ok my little Light?" says Dad as he grabs his and mums bag and walk towards the door.

"Bye guys." I say as they step out the door and leave.

"Come darling the cookies are ready." Says Nina. I follow her into the kitchen and sit down at the kitchen bench. She puts the cookies in front of me and I see that they are my favourite kind, chocolate chip. "Faye, I am leaving to see my Father in Chicago, he has been very sick. I am leaving tonight" she stops talking and checks the clock at 5:00, I am so sorry. I should be back in 5 months"

"It's ok Nina, go see your father, I will be fine." I grab her hand and give it a squeeze. I finish my cookie and walk upstairs to my bedroom. My bedroom has an amazing view of the city, I have a king sized bed, flat screen TV, my own bedroom, wardrobe, chest of draws, full length mirror, and I have a couch like thing under my window where I love to read. I flop on my bed. Damn, I am going to have the house to myself for 5 months. I grab my Pyjamas and walk into the bathroom, I strip off my clothes, turn the shower and let the hot water wash over my body. When I get out of the shower, dry, and change, I see a note on my bed