Chapter 2

I heft all my things onto the train and find a compartment just before the very end of the train. A passing 7th year helps me stow my trunk in the rack above the seats and when he's done I smile and thank him.

"'Course." He grins. "What's your name?"

"Oh, Aiko. Aiko Ironwood." Even though most everyone knows everyone at Hogwarts some names aren't matched with faces until you meet them personally.

"Are you transferring from another school?" Utterly flabbergasted I scrunch my face in concentration.

"I've been a Hufflepuff for the last five years of my life."

The 7th year, now confused himself, stares brow furrowed at me until Scorpius and Albus charge into the compartment hollering for me.

"Oh hey Alfie." Albus waves absently at the 7th year.

"Hey. Wait! You're friends with Potter and Malfoy?" Alfie whirls.

"'Course she is." Scorpius pipes up. "Koko's been a proud member since Year 1." He says as if we're some sort of club.

"You're Koko?!" Alfie blurts. I nod. "The summer was generous to you." He grins. "See you around." He runs out of the compartment and I shrug.

"Hey. Umm... I think maybe- and this is from an objective stand point and what we've been hearing from some people on the train but it would seem that quite a few people, more people than I want to admit to-" Albus is fumbling over himself, starting and stopping sentences as if he can't find the right way to say what he needs to.

"Did you have a point Albus?" I interrupt and Albus turns bright red.

"People think you got fit over the summer." Scorpius blushes.

"I definitely did not." I sigh and look down at my body, pulling my cardigan closed.

"You're a ridiculous girl." Albus shakes his head at me and they both settle into the seats opposite mine.

"How's your summer been?" I ask off-handedly and they both snort. "Right. Amazing on both fronts." I shrug answering myself.

"Rose'll be along soon. Has to check in with all the cousins and friends first." Scorpius mentions and I give him a light laugh.

"Shouldn't take too long now that most of them have graduated." They both laugh along and then Scorpius smirks.

"She'll probably bring Louis." He says with unmasked insinuation and I freeze. I, like most girls at Hogwarts, had a massive crush on Louis Weasley. He's tragically beautiful and smart. He hadn't inherited much of the Weasley cleverness but he is book smart.

"Doesn't he have plenty of friends to hang out with?" I ask as nonchalantly as possible.

"Well since most of them have graduated, not really." Albus rolls his eyes. "Besides, Louis doesn't like all the attention he gets anyway."

"He's a very good actor then." I shrug.

"When your whole family fought in the Battle of Hogwarts AND you're part veela I think you kinda HAVE to be good at everything, especially pretending you like people." Albus explains.

I look hard at him and then we both shrug and busy ourselves with other things until there's a knock at our compartment door. When I look up to see who it is I'm greeted by none other than Louis smiling brightly.

"Can I join?" He asks me and I pass off the his gaze to Albus and Scorpius but they just state back at me.

"Y-yeah." I stutter, mentally smacking myself.