Chapter 12

Heiress

My fingers nervously tapped against the bottle of Don Julio that I'd already spiked with some sleeping pills that I'd gotten prescribed to me a few weeks ago. I was having trouble sleeping after being clean and coming out of the brothel. Whenever I would fall asleep, I'd have nightmares of getting dragged back to my old life, so I'd wake up screaming and would never fall back asleep. So, my doctor had me taking these sleeping pills, but Nova was gonna be taking the whole bottle tonight.

My nerves were bad because I knew he was on his way. I hadn't seen Nova, one on one, in decades. The last memory I have of him is when he burst into my dorm room and caught Carmelo and I making out. In that moment, I found out he was working behind my back with my Dad to take me down and I vowed to never trust a fuck nigga like him ever again in my life.

I swear, I day dreamed countless hours in the brothel about finally getting to see him again and giving him everything he deserves. Because if it wasn't for him, none of this would've happened. Quentin knew a lot, but he didn't know about me and Nova until Nova started running his mouth. It's no telling what our lives would've been like had he not gone running his mouth to the wrong people. Shit. Carmelo might even be alive and my son would've grown up with his father in his life.

Nova deserved anything I was throwing his way tonight. He fucked up my life because he was jealous that I wanted his cousin and not him. I can take accountability for messing around with two cousins, but I didn't know they were cousins until it was too late. But nova knew the entire time and ended up getting his cousin and family killed in the process. Damn. Jealousy is a hell of a drug. 

But besides me wanting him dead tonight, I wanted answers. I wanted to know know why Amber felt so bad for him that she pulled him out of the brothel and not me. I wanted to know why he was still in so good with them. But most importantly, I wanted to know how on Earth he got Amber pregnant if he got his junk cut off years ago. What was he doing in a brothel without a p*nis? I mean, they had niggas cumming in and on me on a daily basis, so if he didn't have a p*nis, what purpose did he serve at the brothel? Or has he been in good with Amber and Quentin all of these years still?

I had so many questions that needed answers and I planned on getting them tonight. I mean, after all the shit he helped my Dad put me through, it's the least he owes me aside from an apology. That's something I deserve, to me. But I don't even think I'd care or accept an apology from him since I lost so much as a result of his jealousy. I've come to terms with what happened, and I know that I should forgive him, but I just can't bring myself to do it. He doesn't deserve my forgiveness.

The sound of knocking on the door snapped me out of my thoughts and my heart rate instantly picked up. I was nervous out of my mind and didn't even want to answer the door, but it's like my legs had a mind of their own because, before I knew it, I was standing face to face with the nigga that ruined my life. Damn. I just wanted to smash this bottle upside his head and get this shit over with. I hate him so much.

"You just gon' stand there and stare at me or you gon' let me in?" he asked as if he was annoyed.

"Oh, my bad," I slightly smiled, trying to play off the anger I had for him. I stepped to the side so he could come inside. "Come on in."

He stepped inside of my apartment, but he didn't go very far. He stood about two feet behind me and I could tell he was facing me because I could feel his breath against the back of my neck. His heavy breathing made me uneasy and made the hairs on the back of my neck stand at attention. It was truly frightening being around somebody as sneaky as him, but I knew I had to be around him for a short time tonight if I wanted him out of my life for good.