milkbath, Suds 2 | Episode 8

{Last time on Suds, we journeyed into Shantel's pretty little head. Looks like she had a huge slice of humble pie when she was home for the summer. And if Sylus didn't have an unreliable history, I'd swear he was a little more than a friend to Shantel.

Meanwhile, what is going on with Leilah's sister, Lalique? First, the seizures, then, the attitude, and now, there's a 'he' who slides profanity-ridden notes under her door? One word. Po-lice. But I don't think they can hear me.

Time for a hot milkbath. Ready, Set. . . Suds!!}

• it's still Wednesday •

Darien drove into the gated apartment complex and parked his muscle car in front of Mira's new building. In a swift move, he unbuckled their seatbelts and cupped the nape of her neck, pulling Leilah close. He waited, letting her closeness tease him.

She pretended she wouldn't close the gap, but she did. This time, her lips grazed his, and her tongue slid across his bottom lip slow, curving as she moaned into the kiss.

Shards of excitement cut through him and he slid his hand up her bare thigh.
Leilah laughed. "Stop."
"What you mean stop? That was an invitation. I accept."
She reached for the his face, pulling his honey gold eyes to hers. "Access denied." Leilah planted an innocent kiss his lips. "I'll call a car service later."
He shook his head, sliding his hand up to the skin of her waist. "I'll pick you up."

Her lips brushed against his. "I might be here all night. My best friend checked into heartbreak hotel. She goes, I go."
He caught her lips with his, kissing her deep. Then he pried himself away. "I'll wait up. Just call when you're done."

~~

Leilah's eyes struggled open. His hands left her skin, but the tingles lingered. She straightened her bikini top, avoiding his eyes—the hazel vortex of no return.

"Do me a favor," he said.
She rolled her lips together, trying to appear unfazed while she reined in her body. "What?"

He fingered the hem of her swim shorts. "Keep this on." In his rear view mirror, he watched a couple people milling around the resort style pool as it glimmered under the afternoon sun.

She didn't plan on taking off the swim shorts. "We'll see," Lei said. "I'll call you."
She pecked his lips and left before her body could change her mind.

~~

Mira waved at Darien as Lei backpedaled toward her, watching his black car drive away. Then, she rested her head on Mira's shoulder. "I'm going to hell," she confessed.

"Probably," Mira teased, dropping her keys and phone into her beach tote. "You'll be the cutest one there in that string bikini." She scrunched her face. "Why are you wearing those shorts?"
Leilah tucked the ends of her pineappled curls into a bun and checked the blue-starred top again. "You don't even know why I'm going to hell."

"It's obvious. That was second base. In my parking lot. In broad daylight. Plus, you've been MIA for about a day and a half. And you're more sparkly than the Fourth of July. Mind you, I'm not talking about the bikini."

Mira looped her arm and they crossed the lot into the pool area. "My guess is that you and the Preacher's Kid ran around the bases a few times. So yeah. You're probably going to hell."