Exes and Os

Hey guys! This is my last chapter of this book🥺🥺. I might continue on from 4x19 but that will kinda be like a short story. This story was so fun to write and I really hope you enjoyed it😚😚

Archie POV
"Happy birthday bud." I said picking up Freddie from his crib as Betty picked up Freya kissing her cheek. "How old are you sweetie?" Betty asked them, "Free!" They both chanted. We both laughed taking them downstairs. I sat them both down on their plastic chairs feeding them strawberry yogurt with raspberries and blueberries mixed in. The twins always loved fruit, "Come on!" I drove them to the local park with Betty as they chanted to kids bop on the radio. I pulled up the playground helping the kids out of the car and they were off like a shot. "Damn. I remember this park." I said looking around, "Mhm." Betty said standing beside the slide watching them slide down happily. "Yay!" Betty enthusiastically. Each slide became even more tedious but they had more and more fun. We took them both and strapped them on the swings pushing them higher and higher, "Hey, I'm going to get popsicles for us. What flavour do you want?" I asked, "Hm...I fancy lime." I said, "Ok big shot." She mocked heading out making me laugh. I pushed each twin, "Damn are they your own personal workout." A woman said standing beside me. "Heh...wait. What the hell are you doing here?" I asked her. It was Tessa. My rebound ex. "Damn that's no way to say hello. Are you a hired babysitter?" She asked flipping her brunette hair judgementally, "No. Listen Tessa, I don't know what you're doing here-." She interrupted me, "I came to tell you that I still love you." She said. I was gobsmacked, "Um." I stopped pushing the twins, "Daddy higher!" Freya ordered, "Daddy? You're a-." She paused, "How can you be married and have kids already?" She asked, "I'm not an idiotic college frat boy anymore Tessa. I am finally in a good place and I'm not going to let anything mess that up. What we had wasn't real. It was sex. What I have now is real." I said honestly, "How could you possibly move on in two years?" She asked crossing her arms and furrowing her eyebrows. "Arch." Betty said behind me, "Her? What a downgrade." She scoffed curling her lips at Betty. Betty picked up the twins, "Hey guys, I'll race you to the slides. I bet I can slide more than you!" Betty knelt down to the twins. They both scurried to the step ladders to go down the slides once again. "Listen. I don't know who the hell you are but I sure as hell know you aren't from Riverdale. So stop scowling and start moving bitch." I crossed my arms moving closer towards her, "She's the girl you were Instagram stalking!" She snapped, "Guilty." I said looking down. "Oh. Forgive me, you must be Tessa!" Betty gasped clutching her chest melodramatically, "So Archie's told you about me." She smiled, "Hm. He told me you were a chick he was banging for a couple months after we broke up." Betty said, "We were in love!" She protested, "Yet I got the ring." Betty said gesturing her finger, "So you choose her." Tessa asked looking at me, "I do. I always will." I replied, "Jesus. Fine." She stormed out of the playground, "God, I hate entitled bitches like her." Betty sighed passing me my popsicle and beckoning for the twins to come over, "You're possessive. I like it." I budged up closer to her, "She tried to take what's mine! I don't like sharing." Betty pouted humorously. I obviously couldn't kiss her since the twins were coming over, "Ok I got you strawberry and lemon." Betty said giving it to them and peeling the plastic wrapper off for them. They both sat beside us on the bench slurping it noisily, "Calm down you might get a brain freeze." Betty told them, "Huh?" Freddie asked, "You'll see when your brain freezes little guy." I said licking mine careful not to stain. They surprisingly didn't get a brain freeze and went back on the swings, "So. Tessa." Betty said. I sighed, "I don't love her if that's what you want to ask." I interrupted, "No! I know you don't I trust you but...how did she find you here?" She laughed, "Perhaps I better go get my phone checked." I scoffed. We watched the twins play around for a while and when the sun set we drove home. "I want to go to grandma!" Freya commanded, "Tomorrow Freya." I sighed parking up, they were both exhausted thank god so we took them to bed. "I gotta type up some notes Arch." Betty said kissing me quickly and heading to the bedroom. I checked our mail out of boredom. Oh shit. "Betty! I'm going out for a bit!" I yelled from the bottom of the stairs, "Ok! Get some bread for tomorrow please." She called back. I drove to the place I've tried to avoid my whole time here. Shankshore prison. I did the usual procedures and walked in. To see...him. "Hey bro." Reggie said into the phone, "Cut the crap. Why did you send me a letter requesting for me to visit?" I asked, "Wanted to congratulate you. You got everything you've wanted. You're married and have kids and stuff. I'm glad you and Ronnie made it through." He said. He obviously wasn't aware I'm way past Veronica, "I'm actually not married to Veronica. Not that it's any of your business, I'm married to Betty." I said sourly, "Ah. I always knew it. You would keep looking at her lips every time you guys would talk in high school man..I miss those times." He said laying back nostalgically, "You could've enjoyed a bit more if you didn't kill my best friend you asshole." I clapped back, "Well, kinda did you a favour didn't I? If I didn't kill that Jones boy you would be in an eternity of misery because you made a mistake that night on the porch. So you're welcome." He smirked, "Burn in hell." I said storming off. The reason why I got so mad is because he was right. If Jughead wasn't dead I highly doubt Betty and would be together but we've moved past it. I drove home pondering on how to tell Betty. She was in the kitchen whipping up something to eat. "Hey. Did you get the bread?" She asked. Oh shit. "No. Listen we need to talk." I said sitting her on the kitchen counter, "Hm I like where this is going. What about." She said wrapping her hands around my neck, "Reggie." I murmured. Her lips parted and her eyes widened. "He sent me a letter to visit him in Shankshore and I went. To tell him to burn in hell." I added, "You went to visit him?" She asked, "Yeah." I scoffed, "W-What did he say?" She stammered, "He tried to justify his actions saying he's the reason we are married and have kids." I said honestly. Betty shuddered but I thought she was going to be mad for not telling her. To my surprise she pulled me even closer, "Thanks for telling me." She said giving me a deep kiss digging her fingers into the back of my hair. "Haven't you got notes to type?" I asked her pulling away, "Mm. They can wait." She said, "Hey, I know what Reggie said must have gotten to your head but you do realise the whole Jughead thing. He's at peace now and so are we. He's not coming back which means I can do this..." She continued going in for another kiss. That was a much more passionate kiss since Reggie's words weren't getting to my head anymore. Betty was right. I can't linger onto something because some psychopath wants to mess with my head. I have her now and that's all that matters. "Love really does conquer all." Betty smiled softly looking at me, "Hell yeah it does!" I said hurling her up and taking her upstairs. She was right. Our love conquered everything you can think of.

And that's it! Like I said thank you so much for the constant support even when I forget to update (woopsies) but honestly this story was just so great. I loved writing the mystery bit especially I just find it so so SO fun! I wanna give a quick shoutout to weirdo5465  for the constant support and comments to keep me going with this book. I'm glad to see you enjoyed it💕💕💕