Chapter Seven~ Well here goes nothing

Hi everyone! Sorry for a longer wait then usual.  But this chapter will be full of surprisesJ

I crouched down and slid against the door. Despite the pounding in my ears, I could hear him calling my name.

He can rot in hell for all I care

I groan internally.” What am I going to do?” 

The tears were just slipping down my face. There was no stopping them. I laid my hands against my head, trying to soften my quiet sob.

And then there was a light tap against my shoulder. Aw shit. I hate crying in front of people. I don’t like looking like I’m a wimp and a baby. I looked up with the pained expression still on my face.

“I have something that would really make you forget your troubles.” A hand reached out to me.

Without a second thought, I took it and walked wherever she was going.

She led me to the back of the room. Others where gathered around and had bloodshot eyes. Um I don’t know about this.

I notice one familiar face. Jayden. I guess it doesn’t surprise me that he was hanging out with druggies.

I caught him off-guard as I found a seat next to my guide. “Brody shut up man. There’s no way.” He laughed his warm laugh. He then did a quick double take. “Why is she here?”

My guide piped up. “ She seems to be having a bad night. And I thought she might need a pick me up.”

“Well she doesn’t Clare. You can march her right back to wherever she came from.”

I cleared my throat. “ You know what? I think I do too.” I wiped away the last of my tears and reached for the funnel. 

A hand then clamped over mine. I thought it was Jayden. But no, it was another guy.

“Whoa there horsey. Let’s try this out first.” He handed me a joint and the lighter.

Okay well here goes nothing and here goes bad memories. 

Within a few minutes, my mind was soaring. . Man this stuff is amazing. Screw Colton! I laughed giddily and started dancing on top of the table.

This made everyone whoop, holler, and clap along.  Clare was right. This really is letting my worries drift away.

I threw in a little shimmy and saw something new in the corner of my eye. Somebody brought out a bag of white stuff onto his or her lap. I stopped dancing and sat down onto the tabletop.