Chapter Thirty-Three ~ The Search of His Rose ~ Part Two

Chapter Thirty-Three ~ The Search of His Rose ~  Part Two

All Rights Reserved.

⤝O⤞

Nikolai's POV

The hooves of our horses marched in sync as we crossed down the valleys and the rolling hilltops. The wind blew past us, allowing our flags to sway harshly against the pressure of the air.

I rode ahead of my mass army, with both Philip and King Bastian flanking my sides. I could feel the tension in the air as we drew closer to the jagged ebony mountains. The air around us began to drop to a colder one, and I could almost smell the pungent bodies that had lost their lives in that very mountain.

Whether it be a poor villager or Ceasian rebel.

I could hear the clinking of our armor as we trudged past the pathways. My gaze did not spare any sight ahead of me, lingering on different parts of the mountain. I wondered if they were still there or if they had moved on to Ceasian. According to my calculations, if they hadn't stopped to make camp, they would have reached the Ceasian Kingdom by yesterday noon.

I bit my lip, a flash of pain gripping my heart in a cage of fire. I could only allow myself to feel this pain, and push away thoughts of what my Rose was facing. My sister, Nadia. The other women.

I was barely holding myself back from riding alone into the mountains, sword swinging. I wanted to rip through the skins of every Ceasian, watch the light leave their eyes, and their bodies bleed out from the gaping punctured stab wounds.

I shook my head from my violent reverie.

Pressing my heel slightly into Maxine's underbelly, I allowed him to speed up a little bit. We were almost at the base entrance of the mountain. Prince Bastian turned to look at me, and I nodded my head before he took off in a different direction with a group of his own men.

He would approach from a different side just to ensure that the Ceasian bastards had not entered from various directions. We would meet at the mountain's second base if the two of us did not encounter any of the rebellious Ceasians.

I twisted my black stallion around to face my men, a sea of them had followed me from their safe homes to seek vengeance against the injustice we had been serviced. They've had enough of the Ceasian's actions and were sick of not doing anything about it. I could see the bloodthirst in their eyes.

A feeling of immense pride had the side of my mouth twitching upward. I was proud to stand alongside these men, ready to fight with them, to win with them.

I won't allow any of these men to die in vain.

"Onwards," I hear myself saying before I turn back to the path.

We then entered the Mountain of Wozoid. The mountain of the rebellious Ceasians.

⤝O⤞

Rose's POV

"What happened to your mother?" King Zaros asked rather blatantly, as if we were discussing the weather. 

I stared at my soup, unblinking, hoping that maybe if I stood still enough we both could pretend that I didn't hear him.

"I know you heard what I asked, no sense pretending you didn't," he said, his words forcing me to look at him. There was a slight smile on his face, which changed his cold aura immensely.

All of a sudden, he looked slightly approachable.

Almost normal.

Actually, nowhere near normal. It was more along the lines of why my mother would marry him in the first place. My biological father could be considered handsome in his own... terrifying way.