My Dad's A Vampire and the Guy Who Hates Me is My Prince - Ch.3

Chapter 3

A Whole New World

The two cloaked men were waiting at the bottom of the stairs as I walked down. My dad had Buddy’s leader on ready and some of his toys.

“Angel,” The one with brown hair began. “I know this must be hard for you, I’m sorry. We thought you already knew that you were prepared for us to leave.”

“I understand,” I mumbled. “It’s not every day you find out your a vampire,”

They both smiled at me as if it was a joke.

“I am Shane.” The brown haired one continued. “This is Carlos.”

“Hello,” I muttered. “Mum said you are my protectors.” 

“Yes, James sent us to watch over you.” Carlos smiled.

“Your father has waited so long to meet you.” Shane said. 

“How am I getting there?” I grumbled, putting on my coat. I felt physically and emotionally shattered.

“We will start on foot and them we fly.” He replied as if it was the most naturalist thing in the world. 

“Fly?” My eyes grew wide.

“I’m sorry. I forgot you’re not used to things in our world.” He corrected himself. “It’s easier if you see it to believe it. Trust me.”

I liked Shane. He made this a little easier for me to deal with. “I do.”

“Are you ready to leave?” Carlos asked. “We could wait a little longer if we must?”

“No, I’m ready. Will Buddy be safe?” I suddenly asked as Buddy's rough tongue licked my hand. I had to get away before my will power crumbled and I begged on my knee's to stay.

“Yes.” They both said together. 

“Aren’t you cold?” I asked as I felt the coldness breeze from their bodies. 

“No, we can’t feel the temperature of the air. Our body heat changes by our emotions. If were happy we feel warm to others. If we are angry or sad, we go all cold.” He shrugged. 

“Really,” I asked, bewildered.

“Here,” He gently pressed the back of his hand to my sore cheek. “You feel warm to me but the coldness outside is nothing.”

“Will my heart stop beating?” I wondered. His hand wasn't warm but it wasn't cold either.

“Yes, your heart will eventually stop beating,” He smiled warmly. 

“Where is this place were going to? What’s it called?”

“Magicana,” Shane smiled. “Magicana is a place where vampires like us live. We are able to go out into the sunlight there but it weakens us. Other magical creatures live there too. It‘s just like this world really, but we have pixies and everything flying around.”

“How can I go into the sunlight in this world?” I said curiously.

“It’s because you’re not a full vampire yet. You don’t need blood to survive.” He answered. 

“Will I hunt humans,” I was suddenly scared. Caitlin and Sean were sleeping peacefully behind me.

“Yes, if you come into contact with them when you first become a vampire. We usually have witches conjure blood for us. We can buy blood as well. You’ll be taught how to control your thirst at school.” He grinned as I stared at him. “But most of us prefer to hunt the animals of Magicana. It's more fun.”