My Dad's A Vampire And The Boy Who Hates Me Is My Prince! Ch. 2

Chapter 2

House Party

It was almost half past four now and Sophie had called telling me she was coming over at six and they were going to see a new horror that had just been released. Lewis obviously twisted her arm. I called Melody and told her what time the movie started. Greg was taking his car. Candice, Sophie and Melody were going in my car and Greg, Andy and Lewis were going in Greg's car. 

I took Buddy for a walk to pass the time and then had a shower. I was now sitting in my room with my hair wet, figuring out what to wear. Buddy was watching me on the bed. His tail was wagging thinking I was taking him for a walk. I decided to wear my usual uniform. I wore my dark jeans, my silver short-sleeved jumper dress. I stuck a thick black belt around my waist, a long chained black love heart necklace and my black boots. I quickly dried and straightened my hair. 

There was a knock at the door. I raced downstairs, Buddy followed at my feet as usual. I could see Candice, Sophie and the boys waiting at the bottom of the garden. I poked my head in the sitting room. My dad and Caitlin were playing on the Nintendo Wii. My mum was laughing as they raced each other on Mario. Sean was sleeping peacefully in her arms.

“I’m going out mum.” I called.

“Okay sweetheart. Are you sure you don’t want to play?” She laughed at Caitlin overtook my dad and was laughing.

“No, I’m fine,” I answered. “Bye,” 

“Not too late, Angel,” My dad called.

“Yeah, yeah, I know,”

I went and put my coat and scarf on. I opened the conservatory door and saw Greg's black Clio with a silver dragon stretching across the doors. The three boys waiting inside with the blacked out windows rolled down; Greg adored his car almost as he adored Candice. He added a black spoiler and the inside had silver seat covers over the seats with the black dragon. They all smiled when the saw me. Buddy was already at the door. He whipped past me and jumped up at the glass door. His tail was wagging wildly as he saw the rest of them.

“I’m sorry, Boy. You’re not allowed to come,” I said, pulling him back into the house. It took some fighting to get him back in and I heard the boy’s roaring of laughter. Buddy ran under my legs and almost knocked me over. I finally got him in and had to hold my leg out as his head almost got caught in the door. I heard him barking frantically as I shut the conservatory door and walked out onto the porch. I walked down the path. 

“Hey,” I called out to everyone, breathless. “Where's Melody?”

“She's on her way,” Sophie called out. “Open the car. I'm freezing.”

I unlocked the car and the two girls climbed into the back. Candice and Sophie had their pyjamas tucked in the middle seat, ready for tonight.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw Josh's black Lamborghini parked up on the curb beside me. It was now a natural reaction whenever I saw him – despite him glaring at me like a vulture. I could feel him doing it now. I couldn't see his face, but I knew he was. He always was. Melody got out. 

“Hi,” She said to everyone. “What time should Josh pick me up tomorrow?”

“I'll drop you off if you want.” I said to her. 

“Thanks.”

“You could come with us to the Cinema, if you like?” I directed it to him as politely as my sour voice could. The black windows were down and I could see his face. 

“Sure, I guess. I've got nothing better to do.” He replied in a voice so sweet, it made a lullaby sound like a rock song. 

“Awesome!” Lewis half shouted. “Do you mind if we ride with you?”