Guns

In 2012 there were 8,855 gun related homicides in the U.S. And only 300 in the U.K., why? Because they don't have guns. It's that simple, if America had strict gun laws do you think you would be reading about a school shooting every other week? No. I'm not saying it means that no one in the U.S. would die from getting shot because people would still get guns here but it would be harder so there wouldn't be as much gun violence. I understand that shooting guns makes you feel tough and safe but should we really need guns to keep us safe? What does that say about us as a country? That you can't live in your own home without owning a firearm because it's that dangerous here? We need to shape up and understand that guns aren't what keep us safe it's what causes the danger. The constitution says that we have the right to bear arms but that was in the past, this is now and times have changed. They didn't have lots of the guns we have now that could kill tons of people in a matter of seconds. It's not even a fair fight. Do you think the kids at columbine had a chance against Eric and Dylan? No because they had powerful guns and what did the students have? Backpacks and pencils. Almost anyone could buy a gun and walk down the street shooting anyone they see. It's absolutely terrible. Parents shouldn't have to worry about their kids dying in a school shooting every time they wave goodbye to them on the bus.