x.

[]

[]

"there they are." evie says, as first ben and mal came out. everyone cheered, waving and bowing. mal and ben waving back to them, then the queen of auradon to future royal advisor, max, came out behind them. the crowd clapped and cheered. she smiled waving at everyone, bowing to the people of auradon. "that's my girl!" carlos yelled, max laughed walking up to him whispering a "hi." carlos smiled widely bringing her into a long hug as they swayed side to side. the couple let go as max held onto ben's arm, the three walking up to the balcony where everyone could see them. and they can see everyone. max stood next to her parents, "mal and i wanna thank
you for celebrating our engagement with us today." ben said as the chatter slowly stopped. "i couldn't be prouder or happier, to call you my queen." ben told mal, everyone watched chuckling as max jokingly scrunched her face in disgust. "so raise your glasses." ben said as everyone put their cups in the air, "to our future queen of auradon, and future royal advisor." ben continued, "to our queen and royal advisor of auradon!" everyone repeated. max smiled as everyone took a sip, "speech your specialness." carlos jokes, "speech, oh fancy one." jay joked as well, the crowd chuckled. mal turned to max who nods, she knew what she wanted to say. not only because it was true, also because she believed it was the right time to do so. mal just looks down at the crowd, glancing at the isle for a second. she turned to max who gave her a reassured smile, evie and carlos looked at each other knowing something was up. "i can't." mal starts, everyone gasped. max looked down, "i can't be queen of auradon." she repeats, "mal." ben mumbled to her, mal turned to ben. "i can't turn my back on the isle." she states, max picked her head up cracking a small smile. max turned to carlos who looked up at her with furrowed eyebrows, she just gave him a tight smile. "we made a decision to close the barrier forever. and it was my idea." she said, again turning to max. "but it's wrong." max nods as mal turned back to the crowd. "max once taught me once, taught all of us. that you can't live in fear. because it doesn't actually protect you from anything." mal says, her eyes watering as she chuckled. "you never know where the bad is gonna come from. and you never know where the hero's are gonna come from either. without uma, serina, and their pirates. auradon would be gone. and without hades." mal looked at everyone for a second, "my father." some of auradon gasp. mal turned to audrey, "audrey would be gone." she finished, mal pointed to the young queen max. "without rapunzel." mal took a second, "and without the queen of hearts, the knave of hearts, and mother gothel." mal starts again, looking at max as if she was asking for permission. max just nods, "max's step parents." she says, most of auradon gasp. "max would have been long gone before i even came here." mal confesses, maxine just looked down tearing up a little. "we are all capable of good and bad. no matter which side of the barrier we come from. and that's why i can't be queen of just auradon. i have to be queen of the isle too. and it's time that we take the barrier down forever." mal said, max smiled happily. "we can't do that." adam says, belle nudged his husband as max reaches her arm out behind her covering his mouth and taking it off. everyone giggled, "it's up to us dad." ben said taking max's arm as she walked to stand next to him. "i chose to be a king who moves forward. it's time for forgiveness, it's time for new beginnings. the barrier will come down." ben states, carlos points up to them.