One

Lanie woke up to the sound of the door to her chamber being thrown open. The noise alone could've roused the entire household.

"Lanie, wake up!" The familiar voice rang out.

Brianna.

"Bree," the 18 year old burrowed further into her blankets. "I dinna need to be up for hours. Da willna need my help till noon."

"Our brother's come home from London, but you won't even come greet him? I thought you were excited to see him?"

Lanie tossed the covers off of herself. "Willie's home?"

"Yes, he is. Now get dressed! Everyone's meeting in the parlor."

She dressed as fast as she could, tied her dark curls up with a ribbon, then rushed down the stairs, eager to see her older brother.

"Willie!" She embraced him in the tightest hug she could muster.

Willliam lived in England, under the tutelage of their father's longtime friend Lord John Grey. He came home as often as he could but couldn't stay very long most times. The boy—more like man now— took after their father in temperament and looks, leaving no doubt about his parentage.

"Hello, little sister. I've missed you." His once faint Scottish drawl had rounded into a posh British one. "I've missed all of you."

"We're happy that you're home William." Claire Fraser smiled at her son. "You must be tired from your journey. Bree, Faith, will you help me get some tea and bannocks from the kitchen?"

"Aye, Mama." Her sisters chorused as they disappeared down the hallway.

Lanie rolled her eyes and turned to her brother. "Mama's been counting the days till ye got here. Darting 'round like a nervous horse in a paddock."

"Not that ye've been much better, a leannan." Jamie Fraser teased his youngest daughter.

"Da..." she whined.

The arrival of breakfast and the rest of her family in the parlor saved Lanie from further embarrassment.

"So, William," Faith began. "tell us about your journey this time 'round."

A/N: Realizing I need to come up with a story of how Claire and Jamie met Lord John, cause in the books and show, they meet him before Prestonpans, but in this, the rising didn't happen.

Hmm.

If y'all have any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Also, does anyone know where I can find pretty 18th century or colonial America aesthetics that I can use for Lanie? Does Pinterest have any good ones?

I'd love to hear your feedback and don't forget to vote💙

Love y'all!!!

Xoxo,
Caity