RENT 13 - THE TWO-DAY SEMINAR

"Why did you ignore her?" Toby asked while stealing a glance at Sara who seemed frozen on her spot.

"I don't have anything to tell her", Gio nonchalantly replied.

"A simple hello will do."

"She'll just engage me in a pep talk and she'll surely get curious about who are the men behind me and ask questions. So, this is better", Gio reasoned.

"You've been ignoring Sara Park for the past few days!"

"We're busy with our own problems."

Toby sighed in defeat while Gio sneakily sent a simple message to Sara just so...well...just so the geek won't have any melodramatic thoughts. You know, women.

The Deputy Mountain Master unit entered the DG Underground Club but instead of heading to the VIP rooms upstairs, they went to a concealed elevator that is guarded by heavily armed men. As soon as they saw Gio, they let the whole unit pass. Only Gio, Toby, Youngjae, Light and Rui went inside the elevator while the rest of the unit remained on the ground floor.

The elevator took them to an underground room where the meeting with the Lead Computer Analysts of the Triads will be held. All of them were summoned by Gio after the failed mission regarding the location of the target - the assassins' caller. Gio's entire unit were nearly killed when they went to the traced location of the mobile phone's signal because the whole warehouse exploded. Fortunately, Gio sensed that something is out of place so he used one of their vehicles to barge in at the abandoned warehouse by tying the stirring wheel in place and by putting some weight on the accelerator. As soon as the unmanned car entered, an explosion colored the sky.

"We were almost toasted. Somebody has to pay", Gio snarled at them, making the analysts flinch in fear.

"Boss, we're certain that's the location that the mobile phone signal points to. Now, we're not getting any signals from it. Probably, they used it as bait knowing that you're going to trace it?"

"You're not getting signals from the caller's mobile phone now? We're out of leads again?" Gio asked.

"We're sorry, boss."

Gio slumped on his seat furiously and pulled out his phone with furrowed eyebrows.

That's weird, he thought. The geek didn't even bother to reply.

"Boss? What will be our next course of action?" one of the analysts asked.

"Just standby for now. They haven't made a move after we intercepted their assassins. They're probably trying to regroup. Attempting to get us fried by letting us trace a mobile phone is actually a desperate move for them. I have a feeling they will surface soon", Gio said.

"Yes, boss."

***

SARA

It was 6AM and I was sitting on my luggage while waiting for Adrian. Two-day seminar and we'll be staying in the same hotel for two nights. The heaven is finally smiling at me!

I decided not to text Gio because who knows what kind of jerk attacks he has in store for me that might ruin my moment with Adrian! Hah! Plus, he's the one who initiated on ignoring me, right?! Well, FINE! I'll only contact him after my seminar. I didn't even reply to his message yesterday because I'm a tough bitch kekekekeke.

I saw Adrian's car approaching and I immediately stood up. Here comes my oasis of happiness!

"Hi!" he greeted as he loaded my luggage inside the trunk. Afterwards, he draped his arm over my shoulder and guided me towards the passenger seat. Before closing the door, he ruffled my hair and gave me a big smile. See?! He's sooooo sweet! Unlike that jerk who only knows how to embarrass the crap out of me.