RENT 8 - DRINKING BUDDY

SARA

The moment I opened my bedroom door, a vein on my head almost exploded. Chilling on top of my bed is none other than the chicken that Gio was petting this morning.

"ARRRGHHHH!!! KWON GIO, YOU JERK!!!" I screamed angrily on top of my lungs. I am so going to kill him!

Who on their fcking right mind would want to pet a damn chicken?!

And what's that hanging on its neck? A note? I slowly approached my bed and looked at the note tied to the chicken.

I'm a good chicken. Please adopt me.

KWON GIO!!! GRRRR!!!!

"I HATE YOU!!!!!" I stomped my feet in frustration.

How am I going to get the chicken off my bed?! I don't even want to hold it, ewww!!! Now I need to change my bedsheet and pillow cases!

I was pacing back and forth, pondering on how to drive the chicken away when my phone beeped.

Dude, where are you? I'm already here in our usual hangout. Come drink with me, buddy.

Omo, Adrian! I almost forgot! But what will I do with this blasted chicken?! I was still racking my brain when another text from Adrian came in.

Drink with me, please. =(

Awwww, a sad face from Adrian. How can anyone say no to this adorable creature? Okay, forget the chicken. I'll deal with it later.

I immediately sent a reply that I was on my way, grabbed my bag and stormed out of my apartment.

Our usual hangout is at a bar tucked in a corner of Hongdae, away from the youthful buzz of the dance clubs which is what Hongdae is famous for. The music in that bar is soothing and you can drink while chatting with your friend, that's why we liked it there. Friday nights are our usual drinking sessions. It's always just the two of us.

I'm so comfortable with Adrian and we can talk just about anything under the sun. It's almost impossible not to fall for that guy. And it really pains me whenever he tells my officemates that we're only 'drinking buddies'. I hate those two words.

It's mainly because of him that I decided to rent a boyfriend. Jeanie is right (although I hate that she's right, she can be very spiteful sometimes), I want to show Adrian and the entire office that someone is interested in me. It's all for the wrong reasons, I know. I honestly want to back out. But things turned to be quite unexpected and... fun.

Kwon Gio.

I wonder who he really is.

***

"Boss, I've invented a new word just for you. It's called JEALOUSY", Rui, being the smartass that he is, almost lost his life when Gio abruptly gave him a sudden blow on his ribs.

"OUCH!!! Boss-", he whined.

"I only tickled you. Stop being a girl", Gio grabbed his drink and continued staring at Sara's direction.

"Tickled me? I think one of my ribs is broken", Rui complained.

Gio dismissed the rest of his unit since they still have an early day tomorrow. He was planning to tail Sara alone but of course, Toby, Youngjae, Rui and Light refused to go home because according to them, 'they are his loyal followers and they have to be there to cover his back'. These bastards. Even an idiot can tell they just tagged along to witness him making a fool of himself while tailing that geek.

"Why are you still here? Go home. As you can see, I'm just having some drinks", he nonchalantly said.

"Sorry Boss. We need to ensure your safety", Light smiled at him goofily.