san

"You can do this," Hoseok had his hands rested on Jimin's shoulder before he gripped on it tightly, the shorter one looking up at the curly haired with eyes of adoration and admiration

"Go get them Jimin! First day of university!" Hoseok cheered and Jimin bobbed his up and down frantically. He did not know he would enjoy his time so much with Hoseok, even though it was short lived. Fifteen minutes of bus ride from their two storied dorm to the Yonsei university.

He really did not think he would, because, Hoseok felt like he was the exact opposite of Jimin. When Jimin felt like he was dying getting squished by the crowd and was regretting his choices again in the bus, Hoseok looked like he was living the moment.

His smile never faltered, happily he gave his seat to an older lady and held the bags for a poor man who was struggling with the extra weight on his both hands and back.

In the whole bus filled with at least thirty or more people, Hoseok shined the brightest.

Hence Jimin could not avert his gaze from Hoseok's back until he disappeared, not before a girl joined the said senior and some others too waved at him. Jimin saw it all standing behind.

Which made Jimin's admiration grow even bigger. In this big university not only did tons of people knew Hoseok, it seemed like he had friends, a girl friend even. Hoseok was the type of person Jimin had always wished he was.

Jimin thought, not only was he bad with people and situations, he was bad at many many things.

The example of Hoseok helping the woman and the other man in the bus, but if it was Jimin, even though he meant good intentions he wondered if he'd be able to volunteer to help. The thought of doing that would gnaw at the back of his mind until his stop would come and he would spend rest of his day in regret.

Jimin was determined to change himself slowly for the better now that he was finally a university student. One step at a time.

But as the curly haired senior was not by his side anymore, and he was completely alone standing in the campus his heartbeat had started to accelerate.

It finally came to him that he was all alone in this city. Entirely on himself for the first time in his life.

The tall brooding buildings of the university were looming over him menacingly and and at that moment, Jimin felt way smaller than he already was.

Moreover, he was not wearing his lucky underwear cause last night he had washed and hung it up on the dorm balcony.

And this morning Jungkook had wore it and left thinking it was his own.

Sighing exasperatedly Jimin only hoped to himself that he would enjoy his first class. But because he had already missed the orientation and a week of the classes he could hardly convince himself.

Three hours later, Jimin's migraine was on its way to take over all his thoughts and his brain.

The full two and a half hours lecture of Emile Durkheim, Auguste Comte, Max Weber and Karl Marx had taken him out. So he just sat there rethinking his choices while all his other classmates talked to themselves or left.

Truly Jimin did not have much clue about his major, Sociology. All he wanted was to leave home and he took the opportunity without thinking about it.

While surfing on the internet about his subject field it did not seem so bad, actually it intrigued him. But now he felt like his lungs were blocked and he felt suffocated.

"You were born in ninety five, right?" A sudden female voice from the side made him turn to find a feline looking girl with long and wavy hair staring at him as she was pulling up her hair in a ponytail.

After she was done tying up her raven hair, she looked a bit different. Jimin could see more of her eyeliner that was perfectly on flick on her both eyes.

"I'm the only other person here who was born in the same year," She explained, Jimin took it in but did not know what to say in response. On top of that he wondered why he did not spare a glance at the side before because he did not know someone was sitting there.

"Well, I saw that birth year on your kakao profile, if you may ask."

"You checked my kakao profile?" Jimin shot a question up and that was the first time he had spoken to her.

"Yeah?" A line appeared between her eyebrows. "Because you were added in the sociology batch fifty four group chat."

Seeing Jimin just stare in awe, her face fell a little. "Don't tell me you don't even check your kakao."

Jimin stayed in silence before opening his mouth to say something, but he was stopped by her.

"Do you know there's already been a group assignment?"

Now he had entered full panic mode, his brain cells starting to run around all over the short spaces in his brain. But the girl beside him sighed ever so calmly as she picked up the piece of paper Jimin had in front of him.

"You actually believed me." Her eyes raked the paper- Jimin's schedule up and down before she looked at him. "We are taking almost all the same courses this year."

Jimin gulped down the fear and anxiety rising from his stomach to his throat. He could not fathom if she was joking or not, because if there really was an assignment, on top of that, a group assignment, he was doomed. It was only his first day here.

"I got admitted late because my mum got knocked up, how about you?" She propped a hand on the desk and placed her chin on it. "Why are you giving me that look? Never heard of someone having a single mother?"

He was indeed swimming in disbelief, not because the very first girl he had met in university told him her mom got pregnant so she had to take time off, but because she said it to him. The person she did not even know.

What were the odds that he had found another person in his class having a similar situation to him.

"Oh, um. My mom got divorced and got remarried," Jimin did not why he was sharing that with her too.

He knew they both were on their twenties and it should be normalized whatever their parents did on their own according. But Jimin always thought it was a private matter to share, and he wanted to leave it as it was. Yet here he was.

A smile slowly crept up on the corners of her mouth. "I'm Im Sangah."

"Park Jimin," he nodded.

As if six new strangers had not become associated with him since he got here the previous day, another had joined. But at least, Jimin was taller than this one.

---
A/n: how old are yall? Is there really no one older than me here 💀

Let me tell ya it's hard living in wattpad as a grown up.