Minamoto Kou x Reader Fluff

The song is 'out of my league' by Fitz and the Tantrums :P

Readers POV

I slide slyly into the classroom and slump into my seat. I turn up the volume to my song to drown out the voices to the other students. I pull out my notebook and pencil and continue my drawing of Killua from Hunter x Hunter.

I take a look towards Minamoto Kou. I've had a crush on him since the time we were seat buddies in first year. I thought he was super cool. Sadly, we didn't talk unless we were put together in a group.

No one talks to me except my friend Penny from the other class. I'm just a quiet background character who draws anime characters in the back of the class. The type of person Minamoto-san wouldn't notice.

I sigh. "No way! Is that Killua from Hunter Hunter?" I hear a voice from behind me. I quickly swivel around to see Minamoto-kun in the flesh.

"Uh-uh it-it is..." Dear lord why do I need to stutter at a time like this?!? I feel my cheeks heat up to a bright pink.

"Whoa! You're really good at drawing!" he cheers. "Thanks." I squeak out. "My favorite character is Wing, how about you?" he asks while pulling up a chair. My dear, does he intend to have a full conversation? My heart is not ready for this! But it should be okay since the topic is anime...

"I like Wing too! But my favourite character has got to be Alluka. Like how totally OP she is. I just wish she had more show time." I burst out. I have a bright smile when I say this. It's actually the first time I'm able to talk to someone about anime like this.

"Right? The way she turns into Nanika and grants wishes is so cool!" he adds. "I seriously love that about her." I say, still smiling and blushing.

We continue the conversation for quite some time until one of Minamoto-kun's friends calls him from the hallway.

"It was nice talking to you, (Y/n)-kun. I'll see you around~" he says with a wave and a big smile.

I give him a wave and place a hand over my heart. That was so nerve wracking yet nice at the same time. I can't believe I just had a whole conversation with him.

Minamoto's POV

"It was nice talking to you, (Y/n)-kun. I'll see you around~" I say as I leave.

Instead of catching up with my friends, I lean my back against the hallway wall and slide down.

I did it! I actually had a full conversation with her! I smile at the thought.

I recall the beautiful smile she made from when we were talking. I start blushing. I cover my face with my hands to hide it.

It went perfectly. I spent the past long while watching the shows she had in her notebook and learning different drawing techniques just so that our conversation would go smoothly. I also spent all my allowance to buy the manga, in case it came up.

All for the chance to talk to her.

I smile harder. It definitely went way better than I had hoped. I even got to see her smile.

Time skip for about 3 weeks

(Still Kou's POV)

Three weeks passed since I started talking to (Y/n) and we've become friends.

I sigh. 'Friends' isn't what I want though. For the past week, I've been gathering the courage to confess. If I don't do it soon, I'll miss my chance. I've decided that today has to be the day.

I walk into the class and right up to (Y/n). "Morning Kou-kun!" She greets me. "M-morning... uhm, (Y/n), will you meet me on the roof after school today?" I ask blushing.

"Sure!"

Another time skipppp brought to you by Tsukasa toddling

I wait at the roof for (Y/n). I got here kind of early so she probably won't arrive for another few minutes. I practice what I want to say once more.

"(Y/n), I like you so much that I got an interest in anime just to talk to you! Please go out with me! Wait, that sounds desperate... (Y/n) I've liked you for a long time, please date me! That's... too cliche... (Y/n) I-"

"Actually?"

"(Y/N)?!? FOR-uh for uhm how long... were you standing there?" Please say she didn't hear me, please say she didn't hear me...

Her whole face is a bright red. Mine must be too.

"For... uh... the whole... thing..."

Please someone just kill me right now. End this embarrassment.

"I... I really like you too!" she shouts at me. I feel a big smile spread across my face. No way! She likes me! Is this a dream? 

"Really? You mean it?" I ask super excitedly.

Instead of answering me, she gives me a hug. I feel my blush increase tenfold. "I really do."