X.

Edmund and Grace found each other moments before the Telmarines would arrive. They embraced each other tightly. When they pulled away, Edmund looked at Grace sternly.

"Be careful. Don't underestimate your opponent. Never turn your back on them til they're dead. Remember the spin trick I showed you with your sword, make sure that if you do it that you-" Grace cut him off with a laugh.

"Ed, I know. You went over these things with me seven times yesterday. I'll be okay! And I won't go playing hero so long as you don't either." Edmund gave her a sharp glare, knowing well that if it hadn't been for Peter, she would have broken that promise at the raid. She sighed and placed her hands on his cheeks. "I'm alright. I'll come back to you. You have to do the same." She looked at him through her eyelashes, almost pleading. He smiled and tugged on her braid lightly.

"I wouldn't dream of any different." They both smiled and leaned in, their lips meeting sweetly. As they smiled at each other, standing in their embrace, the horn sounded. The army was approaching. Grace looked out the window, and Glenstorm was waiting at the entrance.

"I have to go, I'll see you out there." Grace kissed the boy one last time before retrieving her daggers and sword, then rushing to meet the centaur outside. They nodded at each other before walking together to the ruins where the fight would commence. They stood and waited patiently, facing the building. Edmund and Peter exited the How, the younger boy carrying Peter's sword. Everyone was dressed in full body armor, knowing well that the chance of the Telmarines keeping their word was slim. Glenstorm and Grace turned swiftly as Peter approached, and he drew his sword from the sheath that Edmund held out. He moved to stand next to Grace as Glenstorm moved to make way for the High King. Miraz mumbled something to his general, glancing at the crossbow, then to Peter. Grace's stomach churned. The men stepped forward, and Ed subconsciously put his hand on his hilt. Grace pulled his hand from it and into her own.

"Careful Ed, you don't want them to get the wrong message." He turned to her, nodding with a gulp. It was clear the boy was worried for his brother. Grace couldn't blame him.

"There is still time to surrender." Miraz spat to Peter.

"Well feel free." Grace smirked at Peter's smack talk.

"How many more must die for the throne?" Miraz's muffled voice came from behind his mask.

"Just. One." Peter spoke through gritted teeth as he pulled his mask down, running onto some rubble and then leaping to Miraz from it. Both men were able to block the shots aimed at them. 

They circled each other some more, and Miraz hit Peter in the face with his shield. Grace grimaced. I hope the girls are doing better than Pete is. Grace thought. There were grunts and groans as Peter and Miraz swung at each other. Miraz backhanded Peter with his shield, making Peter's helmet fly off. His chainmail hood slid back to his neck as he threw his head back in pain. Edmund grasped Grace's hand tightly. She rubbed her thumb on his soothingly, which caused his shoulders to relax slightly. Miraz swung at Peter's head again but he managed to duck and swipe at his knee, cutting his leg.

"Way to go, Pete!" Grace murmured to herself so as not to distract the king in battle. Miraz limped as Peter sucked in tight breaths. The Telmarine king looked to his general, who still held the crossbow. Grace held her breath as she noticed the interaction. Luckily, the general made no move to sabotage the blond king. At least he is a noble man. Grace noted. Peter charged at Miraz, but was tripped as the old man threw this leg at Peter's feet. Miraz didn't give him the chance to stand before he stood on his shield. A loud crack could be heard, and even Glenstorm grimaced. Peter swung his sword, distracting Miraz enough to roll away from his feet and trip the man. They both stood painfully as a horse neighed. Caspian and Susan returned.