Raven Born Out The Earth

I opened my eyes to the vacant darkness that surrounds me. I can feel the cold earth around me. But to me, it's the source of my warmth. My body is used to this cold earth as it hugs me like a mother. It wraps me in a blanket of its own warmth and shields me from the light. The world outside.

Even though I know my eyes are open, all I see is nothingness. Tired of playing with the darkness, I closed my eyes again. But this time I completely got lost into it as darkness took over my brain and my heart.

Then all of a sudden, I felt an intense pain. I felt something wet drip down my forehead and to my temples. Whatever it was it burned me like it wanted to awaken me from this slumber. Like it wanted me to feel again. And now my heart was in pain too. It hurts so much.

Then I smelt it just a moment later. This smell. I know this smell. I tried to move, open my eyes but nothing obliged to my command anymore. I wanted him. I wanted to be with him. I craved him. Lucas. My Lycan.

I felt his sorrow. He was hurting. He was suffering out there. Please, just please, let me be with him. Please, let me ease his pain. Please. I prayed and prayed until I felt the cover of the earth slowly lift off my body.

I tried opening my eyes again, but I couldn't. I tried to move my body, but it too felt heavy. The smell of the ocean now hit all my senses as I felt the soft tingles spread throughout my body. I felt warm as I was masked in his scent once again. But I was content with it even though I longed to get lost in those silver eyes.

Then I let the darkness consume me again. But this time, I complied because I was where my heart desired to be. In his arms.

The sparks erupted throughout my body which seemed to be bathing in his intoxicating scent. I slowly gained conscious over my heavy body as I greedily kept filling my lungs with this smell. Then I left something rough but soft at the same time, gently brush against my neck. My neck?

The flashes of that night ran through my mind as I slowly recalled everything. I took a sharp breath as I opened my eyes to the white ceiling. Then I saw something move into my line of vision. I blinked my eyes a few times to conform my suspicious. No matter how much I tried to clear my vision, it remained the same. A Lycan leaned his body on top of me. My Lycan.

I saw tears glistening in his eyes as he looked over me. His huge hands came to cup my face, erupting the tingles once more. I leaned on his hand as I closed my eyes and smiled. It felt so warm. I slowly bought my own hands to place on top of his huge one as I opened my eyes to meet his dark ones.

His eyes were sad. It held a grief but at the same time it held some sort of relief. It had a hint of joy. I slowly got upright with his help and sat in front of him with my legs folded as he sat back, still on his knees. His eyes came up to my neck as a low growl thundered across the room. His gently traced the base of my neck up to my face and left his hand to once again cup my face.

"Lucas." My voice was hoarse. I don't know how long I had slept. It felt like ages since I last used my vocals. I saw him close his dark eyes as he inhaled a deep breath, leaning his forehead towards mine.

"Lucas." I tried again. This time my voice sounded much better. "Lucas, why aren't you shifting back?" I stare at his face for answers but the only answer I got was a deep grumble. "What is wrong with you, Lucas?" I whisper as I bought my hands to cup his face.

But he just growls and shakes his head. Why isn't he able to shift back? What happened here when I slept? How long was I out? I wanted answers but I doubt this Lycan was able to provide me with any. So, I smile at him and lean towards him to place a light peck on his closed eyelids.

I felt his body shudder with my kisses as I continued to peck all over his face. Then my face was inches before his when I finally leaned down and gave a long deep peck to his lips. His lips that were still very soft. "Shift back." I whispered softly as I took his bottom lips in between my lips and bite it gently.

I heard his deep rumble again as I felt him shift. Painfully slow.

When I let go of his lips and finally opened my eyes, I was met by his hypnotising silver eyes that I had fallen in love with. He was back. "Lucas." A lone tear fell down my eyes, but my face smiled.

"Koraki." His voice was equally hoarse like how mine was before. It makes me wonder, how long it had been since he had last shifted to his human self. "You are back." He leans his head down to mine as a tear falls down his own eyes, but he too has a smile on his face.

"You are real, and you are back." He cups my face again as he presses his lips against mine. "I'm never letting you go again." He whispers in between his pecks. "Never." Then he kissed me like he meant it. But I was fine with that. I was never leaving him anyways.

I sat up on my knees as I made my way to his lap, connecting every part of our body. My legs straddled his hips as they locked behind him, pulling him even closer to me. My arms wrapped themselves over his shoulder and gripped his now long golden hair. He definitely needs a haircut. I smile into the kiss.

I missed this. I missed him. The sparks that flows through my body every time he touches. These feelings that makes my stomach giddy. And his love that make my heartbeat. I loved him. This Lycan. Raven's Lycan.

"I love you, Lucas." I whispered as I lean away from him.

"I heard it the first time." He smiles. "I love you too, Koraki." But I don't understand the meaning behind his words as he slams his lips to mine once again.

My life has taken an interesting turn so far. If you had said to me that I had someone out there made just for me. That the goddess hadn't forgotten about me. That there was a part of my soul somewhere. A place where I truly belonged. I would have laughed at you.

But now, here, in his arms, this is where I belonged. I will spend every second of eternity with him. For this Lycan holds my heart. My soul. My everything. Without him, Raven was nothing. And with him, Raven can conquer anything. Even death.

Now the Raven that was born out the earth, lived to continue the tale of her life. With her Lycan beside her.

For eternity.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Thank you to everyone that have been with me this far on Raven's journey. The story of Raven has finally come to an end. Stay safe. Always dream of impossible, it might not be that far away from reach. Read, write and create magic!