Raven's Stupid Lycan

Nervousness was taking up my entire body as I climbed the stairs into the cosy but spacious insides of the private jet. It was eating me inside out as I leaned back on the huge comfortable chair. But it did no good in comforting me.

I keep zoning out in my own mind as scenarios kept playing in my head. What if his parents don't like me? What if the other Lycans think that I'm weird? I did literally just come from the woods. Would they like me? Would they accept me? I'm an outsider.

Seeing my tense body, Lucas pulls me on his lap. So, now I lay on him with my head on his chest. His beating heart calms me.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

I close my eyes and let my brain rest. We'll see when the time comes. Rest for now, Raven. Just close your eyes and let go. And I fall into a warm darkness filled with his scent as sleep takes over my body.

I feel myself being lifted but I was too tired to open my eyes. So, I got comfortable in his arms as I heard his chest vibrate with laughter. I smile and welcomed sleep one more time.

I open my eyes to a dark room. But I know it's not night. The sun is trying to peak through the thick curtains that covers the world outside. I blink several times and try to get up. But as usual, Lucas' arms are tightly wrapped around me. Wait a second. Hold on. Are we already here? When did we arrive? How long did I sleep for? All this overthinking made me so tired to lose my conscious this long! I have never ever lost myself to sleep like this. The world is a scary place. But when I think about it. I do have my Lycan of a mate protecting me. I smile at the thought.

Argh! That's not the point.

I nudge Lucas with my elbow, lightly jabbing to his stomach as I couldn't turn around due to his strong hold on me. "Lucas. Lucas. Wake up." I feel him move slightly but he pulls me into him and holds me even tighter. I don't need this now. I mean I love to, but I need to know what's going on here.

We had already delayed our flight because I wanted to spend as less time here as I could. I just wanted to have enough time for the celebration to be done and over with, then get off this place. Wherever we were. I refused to know because it'll make me even more impatient. Nervous. Giddy. Everything.

Eliana gladly agreed with me as her displeasure on returning home was equally or even stronger than mine. She loved home but she said, 'home was a cage for a free bird like me'. Her words not mine.

Anyways. "Lucas. You need to wake up. Now." I'm almost shouting at this point. He finally loosens his hold so I can turn around to see his sleepy silver orbs. A soft smile forms as he looks at me and leans down for a kiss. But I just push him away and sit upright, making him groan.

"Lucas, when did we get here? How come you didn't wake me? How long have I been sleeping?" I get off the bed and walk towards the huge curtain to open it. The bright light hits me in the face as the room fills with it. I hear another groan of displeasure from Lucas.

I just stood frozen. My mouth open. Far beyond the land, I saw the blue ocean sparkling in the run's rays. Then I looked at the heavily covered land with greenery everywhere. Then some house on the outskirts of the woods followed by huge walls to the inner courts where we were positioned. Hiding, shielding and protecting the houses and people inside. The Royals.

Oh. My. Ravens. This was the palace. I was inside the palace in one of their rooms. If I look around clearly, I'm in one end of the humongous palace building that seems to have stretched wide and across the land inside the wall. You could see the walls of the building beautifully decorated with the grey rocks. It looked ancient on the outside but the room we stayed in proved otherwise.

As I turn around to look the inside of the room, it was very much like Lucas' room back home. Same layout minus the glass walls. The overly large bed sat in the middle of one very spacious room. There were few doors which were shut close. It was only lightly furnished with a nightstand at either side and a few couches and a table at the far end which seemed to be a completely different room than this.

Then my eyes fell back on the Lucas who was staring at me with amused expression. He sits on his elbow and extends one hand towards me. I comply still shocked by my surroundings. When I get on the bed on my knees, Lucas comes to me and pulls me a little more on the bed. Then he lays his head on my lap as his arms wraps around my waist.

"Lucas, where are we?" I whisper to him. Why? I don't know.

"Why are you whispering?" he whispers back. I hit him on his arm lightly while he chuckles. "Lucas."

"Okay. Okay. Relax. We are in the palace." He confirms my suspicion. "Huh" I breath out. Okay? Relax? I'm totally not. "You didn't want to know before, so I didn't tell you anything." He flips on my lap so he's facing up at me now and not my belly. "But I clearly told you that the king was a close friend of my father."

"Yeah, but what are we doing in the palace itself. Do you not have a home around?" I ask him again, feeling agitated. He smiles wide. "Koraki. This is home though."

Whatever he means by that. "What?"

He sighs as he gets up and sits in front of me as he takes my hand on his. "My father is not only a good friend of his but also second to him. And right now, he's the one looking after the Lycans due to some...circumstances... the king and the queen is not able to. So, my father is just helping out a friend."

At this point, I've lost him completely. I'm just blankly staring at him. "Koraki, talk to me." He leans towards me to place his forehead to mine and caresses my check with his other hand. He leans closer and lands a kiss on the tip of my nose then my temple. My face is tingling with his kisses and touch. I know his intention. He's trying to make me forget about all this. But my brain is very full of the information that he had just provided with.

"So..." I began. He leans away to look at me once again while his hand still cups my face. "You are basically a royal?"

He gives a humourless laugh and looks at me deep in the eye. A hint of seriousness fills his voice as he speaks. "Koraki even though my father is practically acting like a king. I never once though myself to be an heir to this throne. It does not belong to me as it does not belong to my father. There will come a day when he will hand over the duties back to the king."

He pauses before he continues. "You see, royalties are born not made. One can be a true Lycan and act like a royal, but they will never be one or have control over the other Lycans like the King himself. He is the last and the only true child of the goddess. It runs in his blood. Like his father and his father's father. Their blood was the first to be proclaimed pure by the goddess before she bestowed the crown upon them, giving them the power over other beings, including other true Lycans and werewolves."

The wheels in my brain were turning rapidly, filling with information that I have never received before. It was starting to freak me out a little now. "Are you trying to scare me away?" I breath out.

He chuckles softly before he answers. "No, my Koraki. All I meant to say was there's nothing to be worried about. Anyways the king and the queen is really nice. But the queen can be a bit...hmm forward." I narrow my eyes at him. "When I think about it, she kind of is like you, I guess. Weird."

I huff my breath and swat his hand off my face as I turn around to get away from him. But he grabs my waist from behind me and pulls me back to his hard chest as we both fall back into the bed, me on top of him. He's laughing. "Don't get mad at me, Koraki."

He kisses the back of my head as I just lay on his chest, mad at myself for not being able to get myself free. So, I thought to crush him with my body. Not that it made any difference. "Stupid Lycan." I huff.

But he just laughs, "Your stupid Lycan. Stupidly in love with you." He whispers behind my ear, making a shiver travel down my body.