Chapter Two

I woke up with someone’s arm wrapped around my waist and his head nuzzled into my neck. I felt my stomach explode with butterflies, but immediately felt guilty. I shouldn’t enjoy this. I have a boyfriend! Carefully, I removed Luke’s arms off of me and ended up falling in the floor. Smooth, Ellie, real smooth.

“Ellie?”

Of course, Luke would wake up while I tried to make my great escape. My face turned the color of a tomato and I waved to Luke.

He frowned, “where were you going?”

I ran my hand through my hair as I thought of an excuse. “I have to work today and I need to get ready!” I blurted out.

“You never work Saturdays.”

Shit, he was right. “Oh yeah,” I mumbled. I gave up and set myself on the couch a good foot away from Luke. Luke still looked like he was asleep; poor thing has always had the hardest time waking up in the mornings.

“Would you like some breakfast, Luke?” I asked. To this offer, he perked up.

“What did you have in mind?” He asked eagerly.

I thought for a minute and said, “Pancakes?”

“You’re the best,” he stated and smiled at me. I blushed and stood up from the couch. I made my way to the kitchen and got out all the necessary ingredients: eggs, milk, flour, sugar, and chocolate chips.

I was mixing the stuff together when Luke came in. He poked me in the side and came up beside me, “I wanna help. Teach me.” I smiled at him and then started explaining everything I was doing.

Somewhere in my directions Luke must have gotten bored because in the middle of me explaining how to whisk the eggs he flicked me in the face with flour. I looked him dead in the eyes and said, “Oh, it’s on Hemmings.”

By the end of this food fight, we were both sitting in the kitchen floor against the cabinets, covered with a mixture of eggs and flour. Although Luke thinks he was the winner, we were both losers. “Maybe we should just order more pizza,” I said giggling. 

Luke nodded, “Probably.”

After cleaning up the kitchen and calling in a large peperoni pizza, I decided I would take a shower. I ran up to the boys’ disgusting shared bathroom and stripped as fast as possible. I was ready for that hot shower.

In the shower I washed the remains of mine and Luke’s food fight off as quickly as I could. I needed some pizza and Luke time.

In about 15 minutes I was out of the shower, but I found the flaw in my plan. I didn’t have any clothes to put on. I wrapped myself up in a towel and screamed, “Luuuuke.”I head Luke’s huge feet clomp up the stairs and he was at the bathroom door in seconds, “Are you okay El?”

I opened the door to the bathroom, “I need clothes.” I felt Luke’s eyes look me up and down and felt oddly flattered. I mean, he was Luke Hemmings.

“Oh. Um, yeah, follow me,” he stuttered and led me to his bedroom. He dug around in his dresser and found me a black shirt, a red flannel shirt, and a pair of sweatpants. I smiled and thanked him before scampering back off to the bathroom to get dressed.

When I stepped out of the bathroom, I could smell the pizza and practically sprinted down the stairs. Luke was already digging into the pizza on the couch watching School of Rock. I hopped over the back of the couch and landed beside Luke and began to devour the pizza. Luke looked over at me and smiled.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” I asked.

“You just look so cute with your face stuffed with pizza and my clothes on,” Luke blushed. Normally I would have thought he was just messing with me, but something told me he was serious. I rolled my eyes and went back to my pizza. I had a boyfriend.

Speak of my boyfriend, I heard the ringtone I set up for James start playing and picked up the phone, “Hey babe!”

“Ellie, what the hell happened with you and Luke last night?” He asked.

“We went to get some froyo and then played at the park. Why do you ask?” I shot back. James could be a little over jealous sometimes.

“You and Luke were all over E! News this morning as the new celebrity couple. He was giving you a piggy back ride.” My heart stopped.

“I’ll call you back later,” I whispered and hung up the phone. Quickly, I stole the remote from Luke and changed it to E! News. Sure enough, me and Luke were being featured with the title: Hemmings spotted with new girlfriend?

“Well, this is not good,” Luke stated the obvious. If my boyfriend had seen this then the boys, my mother, and my roommate had all probably seen it.

Luke’s phone started buzzing like crazy of with all the texts he was getting about us.

Normally, when stuff started to get spread about the boys, no one minded, but this time it was pretty personal. I was his best friend and I had James. If this didn’t get cleared up soon things would get very complicated.

“El, I know you’re stressed about this, but there really isn’t anything we can do yet. Why don’t we just watch the movie and chill out until the manager calls, okay?” Luke put a comforting hand on my knee and gently rubbed it. His sweet gesture made me feel a lot better and I looked up at him and nodded. Luke switched School of Rock back on and I snuggled into his side to get more comfortable.

“You guys need comfier furniture, Hemmings.”

“But then you wouldn’t need me as a pillow. What would my purpose in life be if I wasn’t Ellie Fields pillow?”

“Shut up,” I mumbled sleepily.

“I swear to God, every time we find them they’re sleeping on each other,” I heard Ash say. The boys had been out all day since before me and Luke got up the first time.

“What time is it,” I yawned the words out as I sat up.

“It’s approximately,” Calum paused to check his phone, “Get- a- watch’o’clock.”

I gave him a death stare as I reached over for my phone. It was 7PM. “Crap,” I mumbled. Stella was expecting me home at 5. “I’ve got to run guys! Bye! Love you!” I said while slipping on my shoes and running out the door.

“Where have you been?!”  Stella’s high pitched voice asked. She was standing in the doorway to my bedroom with her hands on her hips. Poor Stella always tried to act intimidating, all 5’2 feet of her.

“I spent the night with the guys and hung out with Luke all day,” I stated leaning against the wall. “Now may I please enter my room?”

“Ellie, I’ve been worried sick! You could’ve been dead in a sewer or kidnapped by hobos for all I know! What a quick ‘hey, I’m not dead or anything lol’ text have been that hard? I was already deciding what in your room I was going to take when you were dead!”

I held back a giggle and pushed by her and into my room. “Shut up and go to bed,” I laughed slamming my door.