Chapter One

When I knocked on the door I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach. Luke had asked if I wanted to do something today and I was always up for an adventure with him. Ashton answered the door and screamed, “Ellie!”

I laughed, “Hey, Ash. Is Luke Ready?”

“Nope. You know how he is,” He replied. It was true. Luke takes longer than I do to get ready. “You can come in and wait though.” Ashton led me inside. Michael and Calum were playing FIFA and screaming at each other. I wasn’t positive, but I thought Mikey was winning. I rolled my eyes at those two idiots; then raced up the stairs to find Luke. We were best friends so I knew he wouldn’t mind.

At the top of the stairs I could hear Luke humming a song I didn’t recognize. I was so jealous of his voice, but then again, who wasn’t. I made my way to his room and opened the door quickly, “Lukey!” He let out a small shriek and tried to cover his body. I had walked in on him in only his boxers. I closed the door and collapsed on the floor laughing uncontrollably.

Luke came out a few minutes later, red as a tomato. “Really, Hemmings? Penguin underwear?” I said snickering a little.

Luke somehow turned a shade redder, “shut up.” I erupted into another fit of laughter. “Are you done?” he asked after a minute.

I nodded and bit my lip, afraid that if I opened my mouth I’d laugh more. He shook his head at me, and started down the stairs. I followed close behind him. Once we were down the stairs, Luke said, “Hold on.” And walked over to Ashton. Calum threw down his controller and Michael cheered. Since their game was over I decided to go talk to them, “Hey guys!” I said, plopping down into the loveseat. Mikey and Calum looked over at me really confused. “When did you get here?” Calum asked.

I laughed and said, “Probably 10 or 15 minutes ago.” They both looked so confused. It was hilarious.

Luke walked over and smiled, “How does frozen yogurt sound?”

The boys got really excited and Luke rolled his eyes, “Not you guys.”

I laughed, “Frozen yogurt sounds amazing.” I lifted myself off the loveseat and walked towards the door, Luke following.

“Be safe!”

“Use protection!”

Luke slammed the door shut before we could hear anymore of their comments. He was blushing again, but so was I.

“So are we going to Sweet Frog?” I asked and started walking off the porch.

Luke just nodded and followed. “What were you humming before I barged in on you?” I asked.

Luke blushed, “Just a new song I’ve been working on.”

“What’s it about.”

“Just a girl.”

“Aw, does Lukey have a crush?” I said poking his dimple. He smiled and blushed. I couldn’t help feel a little jealous of the girl that Luke wrote a song for. Luke was the sweetest, funniest, most attractive guy ever. Whoever that girl was, she better realize how lucky she is. “So who is she?”

“I’m not gonna tell you, Ellie.”

“Why not?! We’re best friends!” I whined.

“Okay I’ll tell you,” he said. “But not right now.”

I glared at him, then came to a stop in the middle of the street. Luke stopped to and gave me a questioning stare. “Pinky promise?” I asked raising my pinky.

“Pinky promise,” he said wrapping his pinky around mine.

“Good!” I said before running as fast as I could to Sweet Frog, “I’ll race you!”