C A M E R O N

After unfolding our papers, we each arrange a seat for ourselves and our students in different parts of the classroom.

I chose a seat at the farthest end of the classroom and sat with my back facing the class. Some of the students had already started coming in and were about to begin their session.

I looked at my watch. Twenty minutes had gone by and still my student hadn't arrived. Already agitated I decide to leave. I'm about to grab my things on the floor beside me when I hear a voice

"I'm so sorry I'm late it's just that I had basketball practice" he says rather out of breath. He must have hurried to get here.

I sat up straight and looked at the student seating in front of me. It was him, the boy I met at the library earlier today. I knew I had heard his name somewhere but I just didn't think it was going to be worth remembering.

I keep staring at him blankly not knowing what to do. He stares back at me clearly surprised.

Clearing my throat I finally speak

"Um, I'm Alexa Whittier and I'm going to be your tutor" I say in a monotone voice blinking at him.

"Nice to meet you again" he smirks at me, a twinkle in his eyes

I keep on blinking at him not knowing what else to say.

"Alexa, I'm very sorry for making you uncomfortable earlier today" he says running his hand through his hair and leaning forward to look me in the eyes. Oh my, those eyes!!!

I keep staring at him. His eyes move across my face and then back to my eyes as if searching for something.

He leans in further and gently takes my hand in his. He looks down at our hands and starts rubbing slow circles on mine. This single act has a way of making me relaxed and making my heart race. I still can't comprehend this feeling.

He looks up at me and stares intently waiting for me to say something.

"It's alright" I say in my usual tone keeping a straight face.

I stare at his hands still rubbing slow circles on mine and look up to find him staring at me already. I try to look anywhere but his face but fail.

Still staring at me he brings my hand up to his mouth and places soft kisses on my fingertips.

"I'm really sorry Alexa" he says softly placing our hands back on the table. He looks up at me and smiles. Already breathing so hard and slightly nervous, I quickly slip my hand out his grasp.

I regain my composure and finally speak

"Um, so, tell me about yourself. Why are you here and why do you need this tutoring session?" I ask him with a rather blank expression.

"Well" he says running a hand through his hair

"I'm Cameron and I started attending the tutorial sessions last year because I needed help with AP Biology. I've actually never had a personal tutor so I'm really happy you're my tutor" he says with a boyish grin.

"Anything else you would like to know?" he asks leaning forward giving me genuine smile

"No" I say rather flatly a bored expression on my face.

"Let's begin" I say looking at my watch. We had just about thirty minutes left.

.........

The session was finally over. I really wanted it to end because I couldn't help the way he kept on staring at me. Gosh!!

"How did you find the session? Was it good? Did you like it? Were you able to understand everything I taught?" I said rather hesitantly. I needed to leave this place.

"Yes Alexa, I did. You're the best tutor I've ever had" he says rather shyly scratching the back of his head.

"Alright then, see you tomorrow" I quickly say as I grab my things and dash out of the classroom not wanting to talk to anyone else especially Cameron.

I hurriedly head towards my locker and take my bag out. Putting my things inside I run out of the building.

I really needed to be alone with my thoughts right now. I haven't talked this much in quite a long time and I hate it.

I walk out of the school's premises and find my chauffeur already waiting for me. I run towards the car and quickly enter it slamming the door.

........

Finally at home, I get out from the car and walk into my wing of the mansion. It's been so long since I've been away from this place. I dash up to my room and plop myself down on the bed as always.

Laying on my back with my hands at the back of my head and looking at my ceiling, I begin to recount the day's happenings. Wow, what a first long day that was. Sigh.

Somehow my thoughts drift to Cameron and our encounter in the library and during our tutoring session. The way he touched me and smiled at me and kissed my fingers. "Mmmmmmm" I close my eyes and remember his soft lips on my fingertips.

With a frustrated groan I get up from my bed and pick a glass cup from my bedside table. I throw it against the wall, satisfied to hear the shattering. It was music to my ears.

I slide down the side of my bed my head in between my legs. I can't afford to fall for anyone not even Cameron. I whisper to myself saying

"Don't, just don't"...

Authors' Note: Well, well, well, this was definitely not how I wanted this chapter to end. Since none of the chapters are even planned, I'll just settle for this ending. So, my wonderful readers, what do you think of this chapter? Do you still think that Alexa is going to fall for Cameron? Does Cameron actually like Alexa or is he just teasing her? Continue reading to find out more 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Also if you have comments please do comment in the comments section and also don't forget to vote 🥺🥺. Funny how this is my shortest chapter 😂😂😋😋😜😜✌✌. Have a good day peeps 💫💫💫💫