chapter three

Haley's POV

The week went by unexpectedly fast, and I had just gotten home on a sunny Friday afternoon. I threw myself on my bed, whipping my phone out.

*ONE NEW TEXT FROM ashyy :))*

I smiled, opening the text.

To halhal : movie night at my place tonight with the guys? you can bring your friends x

I immediately started typing back.

To ashyy :)) : sure, time? :)

To halhal : 5 pm

To ashyy :)) : okayy, see u there xx

I then texted Kat, followed by Julia and Emily, inviting them. After seeing their replies that said they were coming, I made my way over to the closet along my bedroom. Hm, nothing to wear.

We'll see about that.

Luke's POV

I was now at Ashton's house for move night with the rest of the guys. He had told me that Haley and her friends would be here at 5, and right now it was nearly 4:45.

I slowly walked up to Ashton, who was preparing popcorn.

"Hey mate, can I talk to you?" I asked him, scratching the back of my neck.

"Yeah." he answered, noticing the nervousness in my voice. I saw him take a place on the couch, patting the seat next to him, which showed he wanted me to sit. I cleared my throat and took a seat on the couch.

"What's up?" he had a puzzled look on his face.

"Do you and Haley, like, like each other?" I stuttered.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "No. Haley and I have been friends forever. I had always seen her more as a sister than a girlfriend." he paused. "She's not dating anyone."

I smiled. "Why?" he teased.

And in a second, the look of confusion on his face was replaced with a smirk. I tried to keep a straight face.

"Well because I kinda, you know. Like her?" It came out more as a question.

I jumped the second I saw Calum burst into the room we were sitting in.

"OOOH LUKEY WUKEY HAS A CRUSH!" he joked.

Michael suddenly joined the conversation, leaving whatever he was doing behind.

"WHAT?!" he jumped on the couch Ashton and I were sitting on. They all started laughing.

"You guy are such idiots." I said, burying my face in my hands.

Our laughing was interrupted by the sound of the door opening and closing. We turned our attention to the four girls who walked in. And as soon as I saw Haley, I was smiling. It was like time slowed down, and she was all I could see. As cliche as it sounds, it was true.

My thoughts stopped when Haley looked at us with that perfect smile of hers and took a seat on the couch opposite of us. "Hi." she giggled once she realized I was staring.

"Oh right, sorry." she remembered, standing up. "This is Kat, Emily, and Julia." she pointed towards the girls. "Girls, this is Luke, Calum, Michael, and Ashton." she nodded towards us. I smiled at the group of girls.

"What movie?" Haley questioned.

Ashton shrugged. "We put in some random one. Don't know why." he said, bringing the popcorn he had made onto the coffee table and taking a place next to Haley.