chapter one

Haley's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock playing a repetitive beeping sound. I groaned, realizing it was Monday. Taking a quick glance at the alarm clock, I saw it was 6:50 am. I slowly got up from my bed and rubbed my eyes. Another week of torture.

Great.

It wasn't that I was bad at school, I was actually a great student. Well, I guess you could just say I wasn't considered the most popular one.

I quickly hurried down the stairs to find my mom sitting at the kitchen table, having a cup of coffee.

She immediately turned her attention to me. "Good morning sweetie." she smiled.

I returned the smile with a "Morning."

My dad had died in a car crash when I was about ten. Since I'm an only child, it had just been my mom and I after that, and as much as I miss my dad, I can gladly say my mom and I are doing fine on our own.

I prepared some cereal with milk, sat down, and ate. When I finished, I hurried to my room to pick out an outfit. I had decided on some denim shorts, along with a simple black tank and a grey flannel, topped off with my black converse. When I was happy with my outfit, I made my way to the bathroom to apply to some makeup and such, and before I knew it I was out the door.

••••••••••

I made my way through the crowds of kids on school campus, making my way to my locker. I had immediately noticed my best friend, Ashton, taking books out of his bag and stuffing it into his own locker, which was beside mine.

He noticed me, dropping the book he was attempting to stuff in his cluttered locker, and smiled. "Hey!" he simply said.

"Hi" was all I answered.

"I've been looking for you. Listen, I have band practice with the guys after school today, and I thought it would be a perfect time for you to meet them. You wanna?"

Ashton had recently started a band with three other guys. I think their names were Luke, Calum, and Michael. I thought a minute before answering.

"Sure, that'd be great." I finally told him.

He smiled in reply before saying "Cool, be at my place at four."

And with that, the bell signaling first period went off. I walked away from Ashton, hurrying to my first class, which was English.

••••••••••

It was finally lunch, and I was in the lunch line waiting to pay for the cheese pizza being served today. As soon as I had gotten it, I walked over to my table, setting my tray down. My usual group consists of Ashton, my two girl best friends, who were Julia and Kat, and another close friend, Emily. We were talking about who the most disgusting couples in our school were, when I felt my chair being pulled away from under me. Within less than a second, I was laying on the cold hard ground. I turned around to see who had pulled my chair out, and in front of me was Heather Williams, with the biggest smirk on her face. Heather was the school's sluttiest drama queen who had a new boyfriend every week, or even every day. She had always hated me, though I never knew why.

"Oops, sorry." Heather laughed before walking away. I closed my eyes. I wanted to tell her off more than anything, but that would just attract attention to myself, and I would in the end somehow be the bad guy. I opened my eyes to see Ashton holding a hand out, wanting to help me up. I sighed, taking his hand.

"Don't let her get to you, she's just jealous." Ashton tried to assure me.

I rolled my eyes. "Jealous? Come on."

"He's right." I turned to see Kat with a frown on her face.

"She's so fake. She puts on ten pounds of makeup every day, and tries to show off her body as much as she can, not that there's anything to proud of." she continued. "Don't worry about it." I looked around the table to see the rest of the girls nodding at Kat's statement.

"Thanks." I told her, feeling a bit better.

••••••••••

After school, I exited the building, hoping not to see Heather again. Thankfully, I didn't. I was just looking forward to meeting Ashton's band today. I hope they're cute.

Shut up Haley.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the bus, which stopped right at the benches along our school. Crowds of kids piled in, me following behind.

Ten minutes later, the bus stopped at my neighborhood. I quickly walked down the little steps in the front of my bus, hoping to get away from the twenties of kids crowded on the bus.

The minute I walked into my living room, I was greeted by my mother. I hurried to my room to start homework. When I was finished, I glanced at the clock to see it was 3:41. Oh shit, Ashton's place.

I ran down the stairs and told my mom I was going to Ashton's. She simply said "Okay."

Ours and Ashton's family are pretty close, since we've been friends for about 6 years. My mom completely trusted them, so she didn't really mind me going over to his place.

••••••••••

When I opened the door to Ashton's house, his dad and I made small talk before he told me the boys were practicing downstairs. I went downstairs and entered the door to his basement. I froze. There in front of me, were four boys, in the middle of playing a song.

Ashton stopped playing his drums and shot me a smile.

"Hey Haley." said Ashton, getting up.

We all just stood there for a minute in silence, before Ashton spoke up again.

"Oh, this is Michael, Calum, and Luke." Ashton said, gesturing to each boy as their names were said. I smiled and looked at each boy, stopping at the last one.

Luke.

••••••••••

A/N

ok there u guys go there's my first chapter ik it sucks but yeahhh leave feedback bye love u all