Anger

His dad turned on him, a look of confusion on his face, "You did what now?"

Caleb shook his head, "Mom threatened to tell you that I 'kept her waiting' in the parking lot because I was held back and didn't get out of school exactly on time-"

His mother began to hysterically tell his dad about how worried she was and how she waited so long for him, and his dad's blue eyes fired up and he turned on Caleb, "You should know better than to treat your mother like that young man."

"Don't call me 'young man' dad." Caleb said, "You shouldn't believe everything that mom says about me."

Caleb turned to leave, but he was jerked backwards by his jacket. He turned around, thinking it was his mom, but fear twanged in the corner of his mind as his dad loomed over him, "You saying that your mother is a liar?"

"Yes." Caleb responded without thinking, trying not to cringe away. He stood his ground, quivering ever so slightly, "She has been nothing but rotten to me since you started drinking-"

Smack! Caleb fell backwards at the strength of the back of his father's hand. His face stung as he landed on the ground. Caleb looked up, his blue eyes glinting with more fear as his father hung over him. His mother was just smiling in the back.

His dad leaned over and got uncomfortably close, jabbing a finger into Caleb's chest, "You're nothing but an irresponsible bastard child that no one ever wanted! Get out of my sight before you really get what you deserve!"

Without saying a word, Caleb stood up and turned away, walking back to his room. He tried hard not to run as the fear began to subside. It was like a routine. This happened nearly every day... nothing ever changed. His anger was steaming once the fear left, threatening to boil over at any moment. If only he could relieve his pain without being seen.

Deep down he knew he deserved this, this was because of how awful he was. He was an accident child...

This was what he deserved.