Pinky Promise | S.S

Summary: Your older sister Caroline accidentally outs you to the school and Stefan is left to pick you back up when you feel like your life has been ruined.

Author: @BrunetteMarionette

Pairings/Characters: Reader, Stefan Salvatore & Caroline Forbes

Word Count: 536

Warnings: hurt/comfort, dealing with bullying, angst, homophobia, fluffy ending

"How could you do this to me, Care?" You shouted at your older sister as she looked back at you with her eyes watering and her face was beginning to crumble under your stressed words

Somehow Caroline had forgotten about your best-kept secret when a friend of hers commented on how cute they thought you were, and your big sister told her friend to ask you out.

That's how the school found out that you were gay.

"I didn't mean to I just-" Caroline started as the other students watched on, you had been getting weird looks from them all morning and wondered what was going on but worse than that was the moment a jock called you a really derogatory name.

With one small comment from Caroline, your social presence and school life had been ruined.

All the students in school either avoided you because you might 'fall in love with them,' or they made mean comments about your sexuality. There was no getting away from it.

"- I wasn't thinking," Caroline whispered as she bit her lip, seeing the damage she had caused. Mystic Falls was a small town, and now you would be the talk of it "I'm sure it will all blow over."

Picking up yo bag, you shook your head at your older sister. "You just don't get it" you sniffed and walked away with her calling out your name, sounding distraught, but she would be fine. She won't have to deal with the problem she caused.

Sitting at a table outside, you tried your best to not cry as other students walked past whispering to each other, then laughing out loud, all while looking at you.

"I heard what happened," Your best friend commented as he sat down opposite you with those wide sympathetic doe eyes he always seemed to have on hand when something went wrong.

"I bet you did," you commented, feeling broken "it's not like I wouldn't have kept it a secret forever, but high school is hard enough without being treated like a walking disease" even now talking to him you could feel the stares of the other students.

"I wish I was straight, then I wouldn't be so different from everyone else. They all treat me like a freak Stefan," You scoffed playing with your sleeves.

Being gay didn't bother you at all truthfully, love is love to you, and if you found yourself attracted to someone of the same gender, then that was fine.

You just hated the fact that being who you truly gives other people the idea that they have the right to force their comments and views on you, "I don't want to stand out, I want to be normal."

Stefan leaned over the table and took your hand in his uncaring about the stares and whispers coming your way, "You are normal. You are who you are, and I like you just the way you are. Gay or not, I'll still be here for you".

Giving him a watery smile, you held onto to his hand tighter, "Promise?" you whispered before giggling when he held up his pinkie finger and interlocking it with yours with a gentle smile.

"Pinky promise."