19 || The Battles Continue

TUESDAY, 10:47 AM; SPORTS FESTIVAL STADIUM, U.A. HIGH SCHOOL

Matches had been continuing without delay. The crowd had been roaring with every quirk use. But by bit the competition slimmed. Contestants walked away from the court, relieved or regretful. The tension racked and intensity raged on.

Midoriya versus Honenuki.

Todoroki versus Sero.

Kirishima versus Tetsutetsu.

Uraraka versus Bakugou.

Aoyama versus Shiozaki.

Iida versus Hatsume.

Yosetsu versus Ashido.

The next rounds came along without any delay. Standing with a gleaming demeanor on the stage, an enchanting presence with her hair of a natural green hue. A head of vines, the crowd applauded and rallied at her presence.

Shiozaki Ibara.

On the other side of the battlefield, on the cemented grounds encircled within the stadium. Future hero, Shiozaki's opponent was not there.

"..."

TUESDAY, 10:48 AM; SPORTS FESTIVAL STADIUM RECREATIONAL AREA, U.A. HIGH SCHOOL

"Y/N, hurry wake up!" Violently shaking her, Uraraka thundered in panic. "You're going to be disqualified if you don't hurry!"

Y/N rubbed her eyes in a bored and sleepy sentiment. "Alright alright, just let me throw this bottle away."

"Hurry!" Y/N was shoved along. "There's a trash can right there!"

"But, we should find one for plastics. It's better to recycle- Ah there it is. Okay, I'll go now."

"Y/N! Do you want to be disqualifi- Umpf!" With a head of short chocolate hair, she toppled onto the floor, her arms finding themselves pushing air. "Eh? Y/N??"

TUESDAY, 10:49 AM; SPORTS FESTIVAL STADIUM, U.A. HIGH SCHOOL

"Y/N has made her entrance just seconds before the disqualification timer ended!"

"The match between Shiozaki and Y/N will begin in..."

Shiozaki readied a stance. A pair of dark, bold eyes locked themselves into her opponent's figure. Determination sparked in her eyes.

"Three!"

Y/N slumped her shoulders, Shinsou's larger uniform draping loosely past her palms, her finger tips only being slightly visible.

"Two!"

Shiozaki's vines had already began to quiver; jumpy and ready to strike.

"One!"

Y/N sniffled her slightly blocked nose.

One swift move, a spiked vine swiped at the idling girl. Y/N didn't flinch, a bare bones reaction until her eyes glanced down to her arm.

Shinsou's uniform had been damaged with a clear slice. Y/N's face froze in a state of cold sweat, flooding worry. She didn't think it'd break that easily. How was she going to pay for the repairs? She couldn't even afford the cheap quality 100 yen sewing kits.

  Without hesitation, Y/N hurried Shiozaki off the stage, sliding her off the course's boundaries.

  "Eeehhh!?" Her shoes skidded across the ground.

  "I'm too broke for this, I'm sorry..." With a toned down voice, she apologized.

  "Shiozaki has breached the boundaries and is out! Y/N is the winner of this matchup!"

TUESDAY, 10:51 AM; SPORTS FESTIVAL STADIUM, U.A. HIGH SCHOOL

  "Wow, just like that... Y/N's tactics are simple but efficient. With her type of power and speed, I wonder what other techniques she would have up her sleeve." Muttering ensued as Midoriya nibbles on the tip of his thumb in thought. Eyes laid on Y/N's tired figure as she dragged her feet away from the fighting area.

  Midoriya settled himself. His turn was up.

  The screen flashed: "Midoriya VERSUS Todoroki".

  His throat tightened, as he gazed down at his hand. He had already been struggling against Honenuki. He caught All Might's Eyes from a distance.

  Could he do this?

  Worry and doubt filled his heart as he paced down quickly. The victory. To be first place. It all felt so far away and yet, this grand opportunity was not something he would just let go by.

  With unsure feelings, he stood face to face with Todoroki.

  Y/N's eyes rested on the pair as chatter sparked beside her.

  "Todoroki is definitely going to win."

  "Obviously! His quirk is way too strong! Plus he's literally the son of the second strongest hero of all time."

  "Ahh, I'd kill to have such a strong quirk..."

  A small thought bubble formed as Y/N glanced. Todoroki was the son of a famous hero? She returned her gaze at the duo. What was wrong with Midoriya's arm?

  Midoriya has retreated further back, gripping his purple hued arm cautiously while ice spiked around him. Todoroki closed the gap between them quickly.

  This was it; the finish.

  It would bring him one step closer to fighting Y/N. Todoroki didn't hesitate to give his best strike. The match ended.

TUESDAY, 10:56 AM; SPORTS FESTIVAL STADIUM, U.A. HIGH SCHOOL

  Midoriya walked in silence back to the stands with a bandaged arm and an ice pack. All Might's words echoing in his head. He shouldn't feel glum about it. He had done well and it took time for his body to grow to fit One For All. He reassured himself. The match, it all felt so quick, yet so painfully long. If he could've just-

  He shook his head; removing negative thoughts.

  People walked away having lost or won. Loss didn't mean failure. He would just have to grow. With his own self determination. Time would go on, as with the matches.

  He watched with a sharp eagle eye. Kirishima versus Ashido. How they used their quirks, how they maneuvered around the field. Bakugou versus Iida. There was always something to learn. New and interesting tactics applied.

  And of course there was just her.

  "In the northern entrance, we have Y/N!"

  "VERSUS!"

  "Standing by the southern entrance, Kirishima!"

  A pure force of power.

TUESDAY, 10:59 AM; SPORTS FESTIVAL STADIUM INTERIOR CORRIDORS, U.A. HIGH SCHOOL

  Eye to eye.

  The brief interlude before the timer rang. Screeching 'Fight!'.

  Kirishima cleared his throat to speak first and foremost. He had done the same with Ashido last round. His declaration; he didn't want to go all out against a girl. A gentlemen's code. He continued, scratching the back of his head.

  "It's just not the manly thing to do! So yeah, give it your all but I..."

  "Give it my all?"

  "Hm, what?"

  "You want me to give it my all?" she blinked, blank faced.

  Taken slightly aback. He would never lie, he had seen her results. In the obstacle course and the cavalry battle. Her quirk, whatever it was, held something tremendous.

  "Yeah! Bring it on!" He had a determined toothy grin.