Chapter 19: The Celebration

As soon as I was consumed by the light, I found myself in a huge and spacious hall. I glanced down to see myself wearing an ocean blue dress. At that moment, I heard a familiar voice. "Merilaerdes." 

I turned around to see Hithaerdes. She was wearing a seaweed green dress. My eyes lit up as soon as I saw her. I opened my arms, giving her a hug. Once we pulled away from the hug, we looked around, unsure of where we were. 

"Where are we?" I asked. 

"I'm not sure." Hithaerdes replied. 

"You are in the Hall of Mandos." 

Upon hearing that voice, we turned around to see mother with a smile on her face. She was wearing a sea foam green dress. Behind her stood Aunt Lúthien, Uncle Beren, my cousin, Dior, and my grandfather, Thingol. They were all happy to see us. And Hithaerdes and I were happy to see them all as well. 

"Nana!" Hithaerdes and I exclaimed. 

"You have done well, my daughters." Mother mentioned. "I'm proud of you both."

"At least we are all together!" Thingol exclaimed. 

Mother extended her hands out towards us. "Tolo, govano ven." 

However, Hithaerdes and I exchanged a look before turning back towards our mother, who looked at us rather confused. I took a deep breath before speaking. "Goheno nin, but we cannot go with you." 

Upon hearing my words, mother looked at us rather baffled. "Am man?"

"We wish to go back to Middle-Earth, nana." Hithaerdes explained. 

Before mother could ask why we wanted to go back, Aunt Lúthien spoke up. "Of course, my nieces are both in love." 

"Of course. Hithaerdes loves the dwarf king, and Merilaerdes loves the dragon slayer." Uncle Beren observed. 

"A dwarf?!" Grandfather exclaimed. 

Aunt Lúthien placed a hand on his shoulder. She gave my grandfather a warning look. "Grandfather, don't you start."

Mother rolled her eyes. "Don't listen to your grandfather. He's happy for you, we all are. And if you desire to return to Middle-Earth, then you may."

"Na lû e-govaned vîn." Dior commented. 

At that moment, my eyes fluttered open and I found myself inside a tent, laying down an a bed. I glanced around to see Hithaerdes, lying beside me on another bed. Once she opened her eyes, I heard a familiar voice from behind us. "You're both awake."

I turned around to see it was our father, Neptune. On any other occasion, I would have been happy to see my father. But after discovering that he was responsible for wiping away my memories, I was furious. I clenched my fists as I stormed over towards him. 

"How dare you erase my memories! Why would you do something like that!" I snapped. 

A pained expression appeared on his face. "Forgive me, Malia. I did what I thought was the best for you. I wanted to protect you...I didn't want you to end up like your mother. I love you and your sister very much." 

Hithaerdes placed a hand on my shoulder. "He just wanted to help you, Merilaerdes. You could have died that day, which I thought had happened for so many years."

Upon hearing her words, I unclenched my fists, letting my anger subside. She was right, father was just looking out for me. And if he had not intervened, I would have died that day alongside my cousin, Dior. 

"But I've been proud of you, Merilaerdes. You defeated Gaea." Father mentioned. 

"But not alone, I had the help of my brothers, Percy and Neil." I informed him.