A Celebratory Meal

Anakin didn't catch up with Ahsoka until she had reached the small suite of rooms they'd shared whenever they were at the Temple, rather than somewhere in the field, where they could end up sleeping anywhere from a palace to a thick bush, in just about any weather imaginable.

It was where the keepsakes lived, the little mementos, the trophies. Anakin's eyes briefly rested on a pair of binders, held together with a short cable tie, the original fastening point severed by a lightsaber strike. Next to them, he spotted a collar, with a couple of links of chain hanging from it. It was wrapped with a single piece of black fabric.

Ahsoka was in her quarters.

Knocking, he waited for a moment, before stepping through the door. His former padawan was holding a case, and was in the act of placing it on the bed when the door slid open.

She looked a bit guilty, when he saw it.

"Moving out already?" He asked.

"These are padawan quarters, Master." She replied.

"Ahsoka..." he said, noticing her stepping towards her wardrobe.

She put the case back on the bed, with a slight grin.

"Well, Jedi Master Anakin Skywalker," she said. "I'm not your padawan anymore."

"I'm aware of that." He commented. "You're a Jedi Knight."

Ahsoka cocked her head slightly, trying to figure out what he meant.

"Well, I no longer have some of the duties of care I used to towards you." He pointed out. "I also no longer have the duty not to have any form of relationship with you other than as a mentor and teacher."

"Master?" Ahsoka asked, her voice nearly tailing off softly.

He just opened his arms.

She stepped in between them, eyes shining.

"There's nothing between us now, Snips. Nothing at all."

Then he kissed her, full on the lips, and she could feel his intentions through the Force.

Wrapping her arms around his neck, she replied, pressing close to him, reaching out with the Force to the door panel, and locking the door. She also hit the sonic dampers. They'd know if a bomb went off in the corridor, but no one would hear anything less than that.

"I love you." He whispered, breaking the kiss, and holding her very close.

"I know." She whispered back, feeling his strong arms under her hips.

Then one of those hands rose behind her, inside two layers of Jedi robes, and unlatched the tiny clip he found just below her shoulder blades.

"You're sure?" He asked.

"I'm sure." She replied. "I don't want to forget this."

Anakin didn't waste much time after that. Within a minute, their robes were on the floor, along with what little had been underneath them.

Anakin just held Ahsoka, drinking in the sight of her, seeing the gleam in her eyes as she wrapped herself around him, and then they were on the bed, learning all of the little things about each other that would ensure success.

                                                                             -0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

Obi-wan knocked on another door a few minutes later.

He felt a sense of welcome a few moments later, and pushed open the door, closing it carefully behind him, carrying the silver tray, complete with covered serving dish, in one hand.