chapter 3

Somehow, within half an hour I became Alicia's best friend. She told me her whole life story in one more rant and we also exchanged numbers. Her mood changes like that of a kid's. Although I enjoyed her company I didn't tell her that, she seemed to understand me as well. After sitting at the hilltop for sometime her stomach growled, she blushed and before another one of her mini rant started I shushed her.

We decided to go to McDonald's. Just as we entered, she hid behind me. I gave her a questioning look. She pointed towards a redhead and said, "she's the girl with whom danny was cheating on me"

"And?"

"I can't face her."

"She should be the one hiding her face, not you. You didn't do anything wrong. She's the one who was cheating, not you." I said.

"I know that. But she's a bitch."

"Then be a bigger bitch." I said and went to order. We got burgers and iced tea and took our seats. That redhead also acknowledged our presence as I noticed her and her friends glancing in our direction. I swear if she dare to lay a finger on Ali I'd kill that baby bitch. And by the way she was looking at Ali I knew she'd come here and try to embarrass her. But I won't let that happen. Nuhuh! I don't take bullshit from others.

I straightened my back when I saw the redhead approaching our table. Ali turned back to see what I was staring at and stifenned. She glanced at me nervously and i gave her an encouraging look. She smiled at me and I smiled back, so that she knows I'd have her back.

"Hi there Alicia. How're you coping up with the break up. Need a shoulder to cry on?"  Tears formed in Ali's eyes and  her lips started to quiver. She looked at me and I gave her an encouraging nod. She took a deep breath and said,"I'm doing just fine. And I don't think I need a bitch's shoulder to cry on because I'm not gonna cry." She smirked. And the redhead's mouth fell open. She huffed a whatever and said "I'm gonna make you cry. You whore." Ali sighed and with a smile plastered on her face she said,"got bored with my ex so soon? That you don't have anything better to do than make me cry." Redhead gasped at that and left, but not before threatening," if I were you, I'd watch my back."

Ali looked at me and I winked at her. She giggled and we shared a high five. After that we ate silently.

Ali and I went to her house because she insisted and when I say insisted I mean she gave me her best puppy dog look and was about to lay down on the floor, but I stopped her and had to agree with her.

Ali's house wasn't a house, it was a mansion. On the gates stood a guard with face as cold as ice but, when he saw Ali his expressions changed and he bombarded Ali with several questions altogether.

"Where were you all night? Are you okay? Did that bastard hurt you? You have any idea how worried everyone was? I even informed your brother and he's out looking for you. And who's she?"he asked pointing at me.

Ali sighed as if it was a regular occurrence and said,"I'm okay now, Jake. And can you please inform Nate that I'm back now? And she's my new best friend, Alex."

I said "hey".

Jake nodded in acknowledgement and opened the gates. Before going inside she hugged jake and he ruffled her hair at which she glared at him and he just laughed.

Just as we entered the main gate. Ali grabbed my hand started running towards the doors. After entering the house she banged the doors shut and shouted at the top of her lungs. "I'M HOME." And came running a white Labrador who jumped at her and licked her. After she showed me the whole house and she met all the staff that worked for her and introduced me as her bff to them, she took me to her room, her dog following us everywhere we went.

I'd describe her room in one word.
Pink.

After she changed into a night suit, we both laid down on her queen sized bed and talked. I told her I was twenty four and lived with Nana and I fight to earn a living which she thought was cool and told me she'd like to see me fight. She wanted to know more about fights.

As I was babbling about fights and stuff she fell asleep. I decided to leave and as I was about to open the door, it bursted open and there stood a blonde guy with green eyes, glaring.