CH.14 Bring me the moon

Chapter 14

Monday and Tuesday were the hardest.

Alec's wolf howled for it's mate any chance that it had. He couldn't eat, focus, do his work, or even hold a decent conversation. All he wanted was Eden.

He wanted to hold her, kiss her, make her laugh, show her off to everyone he knew.....

From his office's windows he watched Jackson and Eden take long strolls in the palace gardens. He brought her sunflowers everyday and everyday, like clockwork, Clare dropped one off at his office.

Whenever Alec watched Eden with her father, he marveled at how gentle she was. It was like watching a mother with her child. She protected him fiercely and loved him unconditionally.

It all made Alec realize just how strong Eden was. Ever since he had met her, he'd only known her to take care of others. First it was Charlotte, and then of course the random animals all over the house, and now it was her father. She was the one always taking care of others. Who took care of her?

As the father and daughter took a seat on one of the benches, Alec's eyes stayed on his mate. Jackson listened patiently to whatever she was explaining. Her arms were waving around in the air, her hair was a mess, her brown eyes wide with excitement.

More than anything in the word, Alec wanted to go sit down on the bench beside her and wrap his arms around her. He could feel her soft hair brush against his arms, her scent spark life into him and her laugh drive away the clouds in his mind.

But he couldn't.

He bargained with his wolf for just a little while longer. Once the baby was here, he would tell Grace everything. He couldn't risk the baby......no matter how mad his wolf got.

Wednesday and Thursday weren't too hard to handle. Alec had spent the day out of the palace. The fieldwork kept him busy and distracted from the mess that was his life now. Owen had accompanied him and every time he tried to bring up Eden or Grace, Alec would shut down the conversation.

Friday wasn't too crazy either. Grace had come into work for a few hours and Alec made sure every "i" was dotted, every "t" was crossed and every file was tripled checked.

"Ugh," Grace had said as soon as she came into the office. "Can you please get rid of those ugly flowers?"

Alec turned to the sunflowers on his desk and frowned.

"Sunflowers are the weirdest flower I have ever seen," Grace laughed. "Roses are so pretty, I'll get you some roses."

When Alec didn't say anything or make an attempt to get rid of the flowers, Grace pressed a hand over her mouth.

"Babe," She said. "Please. I hate the smell."

Alec took a deep breath nodding his head. He picked up the vase and leaned towards the trash bin by his desk. He looked at the flowers and his heart sank. He couldn't do it.

Quietly, Alec pulled his bottom drawer open and placed the flowers in here. When he straightened back up, he found Grace on her phone with a deep frown on her face.

"Everything okay?" Alec asked.

"Yes," Grace nodded. She switched off her phone and placed it beside her on the chair.

As Alec began to tell her about the task she needed to go over for the day, the phone started to ring. Grace looked down at it and sent the call to voicemail without hesitation. A few seconds later, it started to ring once more.